Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Hire a Sub Dye [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hire a Sub Dye

Allan Blackett
22-03-2009, 06:58 PM
As the title says, I'm looking to hire a sub dye for a one of event, any thoughts on the best places to look?

Got a feeling it might be a small return job, as its a school Prom for a year 11.

Thanks

Allan

Mike Weeks
22-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Allan,

I would get in touch with Photomart to get the price for a weeks hire. A year 11 prom should make a good return. There are a few important points which I will email you about.

Mike

PaulM
08-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi Allan

In the interest of fairness I should point out that there are other companies out there hiring Dye Sub Printers.

PaulM

gary evans
08-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Or maybe even ask some others from this forum, or another photographer as it is a huge amount of overkill to hire for a week to cover a one evening job.

I have no issues loaning my kit so long as its looked after. Indeed one forum member has a printer of mine at the moment. Many of us know each other and if not its a good opportunity to network.

PaulM
08-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi Gary

Good point; other togs may be willing to loan, possibly for a small fee, their equipment. Alternatively they may be able to assist on the night; running the print solution. Material costs + a fee.

Personally, I would need to know someone pretty well before I loaned out any of my equipment eveny if a fee were offered.

PaulM

Mike Weeks
08-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Alternatively they may be able to assist on the night; running the print solution. Material costs + a fee.

PaulM

This is something I have recommended to a number of people and something I have done myself and am doing again this weekend. I would rather see the kit working than sat idle.

Mike

Andy Starkey
08-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Alan,

as mentioned it's worth asking if someone can support you for a fee or even loan the kit, but other companies do loan and I'll mention them by name System Insight.

A year 11 prom (if the numbers are reasonable) should be a good earner and should certainly cover the cost of hire. However, being totally honest here a good Year 11 prom CAN pay for a printer in an evening (that's to buy not hire). While I wouldn't suggest you do that you may want to consider looking at the option to buy after rent. I'm not sure if either PM, SI or others do it but some used to offer some sort of deal if you buy after renting (basically they knocked the rental price off the retail price).

regards

Andy
Infinite Images

Stuart Morley
16-06-2009, 07:37 AM
to offer some sort of deal if you buy after renting.

Yes this is something we do. Full details on our website or give us a call.

Kind Regards

Stuart

www.systeminsight.co.uk (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk)

Mark Amies
16-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Fair enough, but the question would need to be asked by someone ( in the interest of fairness) , if obtaining a used printer - what is the warranty/guarantee?

Mark Amies
16-06-2009, 09:03 AM
The only other thing I will say is that we have got a good choice of kit to hire - so that includes Sony , Mitsubishi, Fuji, Olmec. We have a section on Hiring on our home page.

RichardHobson
07-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Where are you based?

If anyone is near South Wales and needs to loan a printer and operator then give me a shout. I'd love the experience.

Richard

Mark Amies
09-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Photomart is based in Walthamstow, NE London.