Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DS40 Profile [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DS40 Profile

Gavin Barker
19-05-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm just about to send off for a second profile from http://www.pureprofiles.com for my DS40 to try and fix some green/grey cast we have been seeing.

I have disabled all colour management etc and plan on setting the following:

Print Quality: 300x600dpi
ICM Method: ICM Disabled
ICM Intent: Pictures

Most printing will be straight out of Lightroom, but I am printing the profile charts from Photoshop following the supplied guidelines.

Two questions:
1) Driver offers 600x600dpi, but manual has a table with only 300x600dpi listed. What should I be using?
2) The default ICM Intent is 'Pictures', but in Photoshop print settings that keeps defaulting back to 'Proof'. I have managed to get every other setting to stick, but am worried that if I go with 'Pictures' I will be constantly having to fight it.

Any suggestions?

Gavin Barker
19-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Already discovered why things might not have been quite right. My colleague had been applying the profile twice when printing and things are looking better with it on just the once.

Would still be interested in any information about the ICM Intent setting and the resolution settings that others are using.

Mike Weeks
19-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Gavin,

if you add your phone etc. to your profile it will help us to help you.

Mike

Gavin Barker
20-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Have added a bit more now - thought I had done so originally.