Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP DS40 problem....HELP! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP DS40 problem....HELP!

JoeShef
15-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi Guys,

Recently dumped an old Kodak 1400 printer I'd be using sporadically for events and have hired a ds40 for the week from Photomart. To cut a long story short I only managed to run a test print through it yesterday.

I've tested it on three different macs and I am getting horrible mottled patterns in the black and dark areas. I don't really know what to do. This happens with all colour profiles, with the printer managing the printing, in lightroom, in picasa (I also get banding in picasa) and in preview.

I am shooting a black tie event tonight and its not going to be pretty. I'm feeling really frustrated.

Does anyone have any suggestions? One thing I can't figure out on a mac is how i tell the printer to print high quality or high speed? Does anyone know where I can set this preference (or indeed whether or not im printing gloss or matt...photomart suggested this might be the problem yesterday...but apart from in Lightroom I can't see where to set this option).

Cheers
Joe

Mark Amies
16-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Joe

We are here, to help , did you call us today yet? ( I have only just got in) .

Mark