Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DS40 not printing [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DS40 not printing

JulianAustin
08-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi All

We use our two DS40 printers at wedding receptions printing nearly non stop 6x4 prints all evening(300-400 per machine in 3 hours) . Saturday nights reception was a huge one and we took our 9550DWs as well and had all four printers attached and running using darkroom core 9.0. We had two problems

One was Darkroom missing images out when doing an automatic import which is a first for me but not a major issue yet.

The other which was the main problem was the DS40 printers suddenly stopping. They stopped for at least 15 minutes and suddenly restarted. The prints queued up in the windows driver when sent to it but darkroom but did not print. We just disabled them and used the 9550s until they restarted.

Having looked through the manual it looks like they may have overheat and needed to cool down but the power light was not flashing from memory.

Has anybody experienced them stopping to cool down? And did the power light flash?
We keep them in a flight case that has only a vent at the front where the case front is removed.

Any help or thoughts appreciated.

Julian

Mark Amies
09-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Julian

It is not an uncommon thing for printers to have to pause to cool down. However this ios not something I have seen to much on the DNP printers ( and there alot being used now).

I have forwardd your comments to our technician here for him to look at . I hope we can talk soon.

Thanks.

Mark Amies
09-05-2011, 10:22 AM
One must also consider the venting of printers. If the vent grilles of a printer are covered , or if there is not a free flow of air , you wil have issues. Likewise , if the ambient aire conditions are generally hot , you can see issues wityh overheating .