Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Custom Printed Folders & Mounts [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Custom Printed Folders & Mounts

Brian Muir
19-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi,

Anyone know where I can get corner cut folders printed with bespoke artwork such as my company details and logo on the outside? I need them to fit 8x6 prints and ideally I would want to do a full colour print. However, I could adapt the artwork for a single colour print.

I'm also considering Strut Mounts with my details Blocked into the mount.

Thanks

Brian

Mike Weeks
19-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Brian,

I know that Bob Coyne (Black Tie) uses such printed mounts, as to block printing on strut mounts you will see the costs go up - personally knowing that many throw them away I use the basic black ones from Photomart which are the cheapest 9" x 6" strut mounts I can find.

Mike

20-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Spicer Hallfield do this. If you just want text then it's free as long as you print at least 100.

To have a logo design made up is a one off £40 and is then free on orders over 100.

The cut corner 6*8 in black is 29.00 for 100 ex Vat and the 6*9 is 37.70 per 100 ex Vat. I've just ordered 300 in a strut mount for an event so I'll let you know how they turn out when they arrive which should be in about 3 weeks.

Rich

ian griffiths
28-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi,

We have a great many such mounts printed, I originally did the rounds on getting quotes from Spicer, GF Smith and Dennis Wright, then I had a quote from a local family firm of printers and on quantities of 10,000 they were about half of the best price I'd been offered.

There will be an initial 'form' charge for the corner cuts, I think it was £50 or such.

Graham Taylor
30-03-2009, 08:46 AM
I use both cut corner & struts from GF Smith but for printing I use a local guy who is far cheaper.

Bob Coyne
30-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi. I use 9x6 cut corner mounts, with my own logo and wording on them, produced by a local printer. On the back I have the web address where the guests can view their portraits. I pay aprox £300 for 1000. Most people just throw a mount away, as Mike mentioned. The more you have printed, the cheaper it gets, has saved me a lot of money on using strut mounts at events.

Brian Muir
04-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Bob,

Thanks for your printing company reccommendation. I went to them and got 1000 8x6 corner cut mounts, full colour print on the outside for £340. Good quality print and they were able to meet a pretty tight deadline for an event I was doing.

Definitely use them in future.

Brian

Bob Coyne
04-06-2009, 03:44 PM
No problem Brian, it will save you a fortune in the long run.

Graham Russell
04-06-2009, 04:09 PM
I get my strut mounts from PhotoValue in Dublin. They charge £40 to have a block made with your text etc, then charge no extra to stamp mounts when ordered.

I've had 7x5, 9x6 and 12x8 mounts from them. I think they're good value for money.

You've reminded me I need to order some more 9x6s :)

Graham