Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Nikon WT-4 Battery life [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Nikon WT-4 Battery life

simon coates
15-03-2011, 03:25 PM
I am just about to order a Nikon Wt-4 and wondered what the battery life is like on the unit? Approximately how many images can be transmitted with a fresh battery?

Thanks

Simon

Bill Allon_Camera Angles
15-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Really crap, to be frank. not so much the number of images as the time it's switched on. Mine lasts about 3 hours and I always have a battery charging ready to change. It doesn't half get hot too!

simon coates
15-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks for that Bill. It confirms I'll also need a handful of spare batteries to cover 8 hours of shooting. At least I won't need to take my pocket warmer with me too.....

Simon

Jeremy Nako
15-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Consider yourself lucky that the WT-4 has it's own battery now.

On the WT-3 and a Nikon D200, one battery powered both.

At proms I was lucky to get 20 minutes. Hence the battery mountain that is Nak Towers..

Peter Martin-Turner
15-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Shooting showjumping I get roughly an hour from the WT-4.

simon coates
15-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Shooting showjumping I get roughly an hour from the WT-4.

Ouch! That's not good.

What's the view about using third-party batteries with it? I know that I've never had any success using them with my D2X.

Simon

Peter Martin-Turner
15-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I loved my WT-1 with my D2XS, worked a treat, good battery life. I can't say I've noticed much difference between a patent and a genuine battery on the WT-4.

Jean Frooms
15-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Richard gets about 3 hours with one battery with our WT4 Simon...he is obviously not working as hard as Peter :)

We have had two third party batteries...both of them were duff and wouldn't charge properly.

Trudy Trafford
15-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Richard gets about 3 hours with one battery with our WT4 Simon...he is obviously not working as hard as Peter :)

We have had two third party batteries...both of them were duff and wouldn't charge properly.

Same here, also sometimes switch it on and off to send a class at a time which makes it last all day.

Simon.

simon coates
15-03-2011, 07:09 PM

Probably his age Jean. :roll:

Well I've ordered the WT-4 and a couple of spare clone batteries. If they don't work, they will go back. Thanks for all the advice.

Simon

Richard Chaff
15-03-2011, 07:21 PM
[quote="Jean Frooms":2x5pbg0i]Richard gets about 3 hours with one battery with our WT4 Simon...he is obviously not working as hard as Peter :)

Well I've ordered the WT-4 and a couple of spare clone batteries.<snip>
Simon[/quote:2x5pbg0i]

Where did you find in stock, in the end, Simon, and did you get similar to Jacobs deal...450 squiddish wasn't it?

ian bonthrone
16-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Simon,
Thought you had a 700 - how many batteries have you got for that because it is the same one for WT4