Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
EV - where to install it. [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : EV - where to install it.

Adrian Sinclair
14-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Just a small question, where is the most sensible place to place the Eventfiew files?

I know from the instructions that the EV skin is stored in the Jalbum skins folder and I believe the hints.jap file (which contains the preset data for your prices etc) is in the same folder but I've been having problems with the orders (1,2,3) jpegs and even when updating the relevant files in the EV folders they dont seem to pull through.

I also noticed that these jpegs are duplicated in the WAMP folder (www).

Anyone advise? Trying to jump the gun before the meeting on Thursday as I might now not be able to make it (have potential job on and would like to use viewing stations there for the first time).

Adrian

Mike Weeks
14-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Adrian,

within the JAlbum program is a folder called Skins and that is where you place the eventview folder. You can then change the hints.jap file in this folder.

First thing is to select EventView as the chosen skin and carry out a make all from JAlbum which creates all the pages. You can then enter localhost/ControlPanel.php and create the database for your orders.

When you create a project you have to save the output to the WWW folder which is normally "c:/wamp/www/" - you can change this in the httpd.conf file which has to be done in 2 places, this is the extract from the file
DocumentRoot "c:/wamp/www/"

#
# Each directory to which Apache has access can be configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# features.
#
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Directory>

#
# Note that from this point forward you must specifically allow
# particular features to be enabled - so if something's not working as
# you might expect, make sure that you have specifically enabled it
# below.
#

#
# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
#
<Directory "c:/wamp/www/">

Jalbum makes smaller copies of your images to serve to the viewing stations (a thumbnail and a larger sized version)

If you have the orders switched on it creates these in the orders folder which is in the WWW folder.

Create the area where you store your images away from the WWW folder.

Next question :lol:

Mike

Adrian Sinclair
15-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Hi Mike,

Many thanks - you may regret putting next questiuon - I have a habit of asking too many!

:lol:

andycampbell
16-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Ade
whjy dont you drop by SNEC on Saturday and i can try to answer your question s and show you EV in operation at an event
Andy

Adrian Sinclair
16-03-2011, 12:42 PM
cheers for the offer Andy - I sent you an email - dont forget I'm at Kingsbarn photographing the Vaulting...