Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Speeding Up EventView [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Up EventView

Mike Weeks
13-03-2011, 11:52 AM
I was asked a couple of days ago about how to make EventView run as fast as possible. This can be split down into 2 main parts;
1. The generation of viewing albums
2. Viewing of the albums.

The second part has a lot to do with image size and network speed but most importantly switch off the slideshow

I have downloaded the lastest version of JAlbum and can find no issues. Switching off some functions will help to speed up the generation of the pages and some of the settings will reduce the size of the images to be transferred.

In this one you do not need to copy the originals
1.jpg

Smaller thumbnail files and switching off progressive mode will speed up both
2.jpg

Processing only modified sub directories should speed things up
3.jpg

None of these functions are needed so just slow down generation
4.jpg

Mike

Graham Taylor
13-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Mike
When I updated Jalbum from 8.5 I found the red "New User" button centered in the middle of the price list on the VS but looked ok on my server. I've now found a copy of 8.5 and have re-installed but not checked it. The only other issue(?) is was auto regenerating galleries when new images found didnt always work. Not sure if this was Jalbum or something else.

Mike Weeks
13-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Graham,

I wouls probably need to know what options you have selected to find the problem.

Mike