Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
EV and pringing invoices option [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : EV and pringing invoices option

Adrian Sinclair
12-03-2011, 02:47 PM
This will no doubt be one of many posts re EV and couldnt see anything in pre posts. Just installed latest version of WAMPserver and in the instructions for EV it suggests you can activate the print invoice option by left clicking on the Igloo (now a W), selecting PHP > Extension and ticking PHP_pdflib from the list. However I don't have this option listed.

I have adobe installed on the machine. Any ideas (and is it necessary?)

Mike Weeks
12-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Adrian I intend to run a live session on how to use event view on thursday. I am just sorting out the relevant versions of the software.
Mike

paul_clark
12-03-2011, 03:29 PM
As a newcomer to the forum I look forward to listening in on that event.

P.

RobMarsh
12-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Adrian

When I wrote the instructions, there was a function within Wamp that allowed the creation of pdf files which us how Mike set it up. I seem to recall that that funcionality was removed in a later version of Wamp. I don't know if the latest versions have it back or if Mike has reprogrammed a work around

Adrian Sinclair
12-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Mike - for the session on Thursday, will you be giving a geneal overview or will it be an actual step by step set up from scratch?

The reason I ask is it might be worth (for those wishing to take part) to advise what we'll need - eg set up of our networks etc.

Perhaps we should send you any questions in advance so you are ahead of the game - might save time onthe night...

Only a couple of thoughts.

Mike Weeks
12-03-2011, 05:18 PM
I want to do a complete from scratch install and run. I am checking the different versions of software at present to ensure that everything works as expected.

If people do have questions then please add to the thread and I will try to cover them.

Mike

Adrian Sinclair
12-03-2011, 07:04 PM
a couple of questions from me just now...

Installed and managed to get everything running but if I close jalbum down on my control terminal and reopen it I dont know how to reload the hints.jap file to restore the original settings. I've saved an updated hints.jap (as suggested in the threads) but it doesnt seem to want to open. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I dont fancy having to key in the same data for each event - especially if for some reason it stops working mid event...

Any ideas?

Couple of other ones - the generate order part - I get fatal errors when trying to generate a paid order (I guess this bit is to see all paid orders made on the day) - not sure if linked to the pdflib in wamp thats missing.

The slide show produces fatal errors in lines 72 and 73...

Mike Weeks
12-03-2011, 07:12 PM
I have uploaded the preferred versions of the software in another thread in this section. You can save projects in JAlbum which will store all the values.

Mike

john christopher
14-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Adrian I intend to run a live session on how to use event view on thursday. I am just sorting out the relevant versions of the software.
Mike

Hooray!

John