Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP DS 40 & ED Darkroom Print Issues [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP DS 40 & ED Darkroom Print Issues

danfarina
16-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to say first how pleased I am with the print quality of this DS40. :) Awesome.

I've been able to print without a lot of trouble with Lightroom3, but ED is still giving me fits.
I can't seem to print anything but 4 x 6s with Darkroom. I've checked 4 x 6, 5 x 7, and 6 x 9s as my print sizes.

I'll keep working on it, but maybe I've missed something. I've read the other posts, but so far I can't figure it out.

Dan

Bryan Osborne
16-02-2011, 07:01 PM
If you are using a windows driver then check the driver preferences/advanced Options to make sure that BOTH the Windows Driver under the Control Panel Printers has media set to 6x9 and that the copyt of the driver in Darkroom Windows Drivers ALSO has 6x9 selected as the media choice you will have to have them both the same. My thought is that one is set to 4x6!!

brin edwards
17-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Yep

Brian is correct, you need to change it under the "advanced" tab as well;- I'm speaking from experience as I had the same problem last week.

David Thomas
17-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Well I am having similar problems with both DS40 and CW-01. Both printers will print in picasa or Serif OK but not with the event software from the monitors. All the settings I can find, preferences, default and advanced are set to 6 X 9 CW-01 works fine in Vista but not in Windows 7, driver is an OP900 download. Have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Printers and devices, if you double click the printer icon it opens the print queue dialog box click printer then go to properties it says paper available OP900 (6 X 4) cant find how to change this setting as in Vister this is blank, have no idea if this is the setting problem. Not sure if I have a Windows 7 problem as the software guy has installed his CW-01 on a laptop running windows 7 and it works perfectly with his software package. DS40 printer, used driver supplied with printer for Windows 7 and both printer settings are identical in devices and printers and both only print 6 X 4 when printing from the monitors. If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Mike Weeks
18-02-2011, 09:13 AM
David,

some simple fault finding.

1. Can you print the required sizes from the computer that they are conected to? If not that is the first issue you need to resolve. Advice above is good.

2. If you have resolved issue 1 and still have the same problem via the viewing system then the issue lies with the viewing system and not the printer, to which end you need to contact the software supplier.

Mike

David Thomas
24-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Mike thanks for the post.

Everyone else blames the software as well. However I am assured that the same software is working on other laptops spk with windows 7 and the same printers. So can only assume that the problem is my end. Wating to take it all to PC World but they will probibly talke at least two weeks. Will post here if we solve the problem.