Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DIY flight case for a DNP DS40/80 for less than 100 [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DIY flight case for a DNP DS40/80 for less than 100

Trudy Trafford
08-01-2011, 03:04 PM
If you are into DIY and saving a few quid, here is a little project.

http://www.traffordphotography.co.uk/blog/?p=994

Simon.

ian bonthrone
08-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Excellent post and very useful for many members I am sure!
:diff:

Ian McGirr
08-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Good post Trudy (Edit. whoops, just noticed Simon posted it). Nice bit of info

As you and Simon know I built my own flight cases and have some bits left over.
I had considered doing one for the DNP, looks like I may not have to design now.
What are you charging for the design copyright :lol:

Trudy Trafford
08-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Don't worry Ian, EPS members can have a discount!!! :omy:

Alan Warner
08-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Pretty good use of prebuilt case @ 100 is a winner in my book,

From experience of designing cases for the the DNP's would like to point out when flight cased & worked hard in a hot place, can tend to overheat & stop working till they have cooled down when flight cased (eliminated by extra vents or removing from the case)

However this excellent idea over comes the heat problem by having removable front/backs all @ 10% of the cost of the printer

(I personally would have gone for a more central placement of printer within the case to equalise the weight distribution, and more importantly equalise the airflow & ditch the DNP paper catcher in favour usb & power lead storage

Well done the "Pinkies" & thanks for bringing viable printer protection to you fellow EPS Members attention...

perhaps the info could be made into a downloadable PDF and added to the front end of the site !

Al'