Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Printer not printing!!! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Printer not printing!!!

Jason Goodlad
11-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Hi guys,
My DNP was working fine at an event, the media run out so I changer it, the four test prints came out, everything seemed fine, I sent another print through, the printer made a noise and tried to print but couldn't, then the paper/ribbon lights started to flash. I took out the paper and ribbon, put them in again, same 4 small test sheets came out, green light on, tied to print, again, paper and media lights flashing.
I put different media in, same thing.
This happened last week, but then rectified itself, I don't know how.

I am using Windows XP and Picassa, when I try to print via Windows, I get the same problem, the messgae is getting to the printer, it just can't print.

Please help!!

Sue

Natalie-Briggs
11-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Did you change the USB port at all ?
I have this problem sometimes as i have to use the same port each time

I also had it once when i first got the print and had to uninstasll and reinstall the drivers - might be worth a go

Jason Goodlad
11-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks Natalie,

This isn't the problem, I know that because I have had that problem before, I always plug into the same port.
The message is getting to the printer because I can hear it trying to print, it just won't! When I turn the machine off and back on again, the green light comes on, all looks well, then when I send a print, it tries, then the paper and ribbon lights flash.
I have an event this morning and one this evening!!!!!!!

Jason Goodlad
11-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Hi Guys,
I am off to my event this morning, with my printer that won't print!!
If anyone has any ideas, I would be grateful for a phone call. maybe I can get it right on site.
My number is 07971597566.
Thank you.

Sue.

Jason Goodlad
11-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Thank you ever so much for your phone calls, didn't manage to get it sorted, will call Mark on Monday.
Thanks again guys for your time!!

Sue.

gary evans
11-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Sorry to hear that you never got things fixed, but I did enjoy chatting with you!!

Ed Brown
12-12-2010, 02:42 AM
Hope you get it sorted soon, be a shame with a busy week at the venue coming.