Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
New member in the NE. [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New member in the NE.

08-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Hi all.

Thought that I should introduce myself having just signed up. I was looking for an event printer and was pointed in this direction, so I have done a lot of reading of the threads already! Just purchased teh Olmec OP1000 :D

Some of you may know me from another forum, so "Hi". Looks a good place to gain specific event information and I am keen to learn more regarding "ethics" terms and conditions etc. and I like the idea of the society.

Hopefully one day I shall be able to contribute something to the forum also!

Cheers,
Martin.

Dave Derrett
08-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi Martin, I've recently joined here from the 'dark side' as well !!!!
Just to say hello and glad to see you've bought the best printer in the world ever !!
Yes, I've got one ...... :rofl:

09-07-2009, 05:58 AM
Hi Dave, thanks for the welcome. Mine should be here in a few hours... :phone:

Bill Allon_Camera Angles
09-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Now I know who to come to if I need to borrow any Olmec consumables, although with Photomart's excellent service this isn't likely. Seriously, though, if you're in trouble and need a short term loan I've got two OP1000s and one sits for most of the time doing nothing.

Mike Weeks
09-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Bill,

you raise an important point and it was something that I wanted to start long before this forum and that is that if you know which neighbours have which printers you can help each other with media. No matter how good your supplier there is always the chance of a short notice job or the job that goes unexpectedley well which leaves you short - the same can apply to mounts as well and has been seen with the demise of spicers there are those that have had difficulty getting supplies.
One thing that would help is adding locations to profiles and in the printer sections we could start threads with model & owner, however I feel that such information is priviledged and will start something new in the Trade forum. I have started the Olmec OP1000 one.

Mike

09-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Good Idea, and many thanks for the ofer Bill.

I'm moving into the on-site printing slowley, one step at a time so to speak. But it's handy to know where there's an extra printer near by if I need a loan.

Well mine has arrived at 09:30 as promised and so far so goo. I'll pop any questions in the Olmec thread.

Cheers, Martin