Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Pure Profiles - Spot on! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Pure Profiles - Spot on!

Bill Allon_Camera Angles
06-12-2010, 09:25 AM
I recently got a new profile for my OP 1000 from Pure Profiles. Unfortunately, they don't have screenshots for my printer showing how to print the test charts on their website but I should have known what to do, having successfully done a profile for my other printer. However, I cocked up the printing of the charts and, as a result, the profile I got was worse than useless. I went back to Pure Profiles, confessed my mistake, and fully expected to have to pay at least 50% to have the profile rewritten. But no! They asked me to reprint the charts and send them in, which I did, and received back a perfect profile. Excellent service, which I can recommend to everyone. I have encouraged them to join the Society as a Trade member and have sent them some screenshots from the Olmec to help other people avoid the mistake I made. Credit where itís due.

petethorp
06-12-2010, 09:35 AM
I wish I'd known this a fortnight ago Bill, I've just sold my OP1000 for a song!

:-(

Bryan Osborne
06-12-2010, 09:45 AM
This is one of the best profiling outfits about. They have done three for me and the turnaround has been excellent.

Simon Wilson
07-12-2010, 11:17 AM
How long was the turn round time ?

Simon

Graham Taylor
07-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Mine took about 4-5 daysish. This is mainly due to posting the charts but once they have them the profile is emailed to you.

Bryan Osborne
07-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Send your charts GPO Recorded before 1pm next day and you should have your profiles during the 24-36 hrs after your charts arrive, its a prompt service...!

Jeremy Nako
07-12-2010, 12:18 PM
GPO Recorded

:rofl:

Get with the times baby....

Even Postman Pat doesn't remember the GPO...

Bryan Osborne
07-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Oh my brother does he has been a postman for 36 years!

Once GPO always GPO its only the government that F&&ks things about!

Simon Wilson
07-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Oh my brother does he has been a postman for 36 years!

Once GPO always GPO its only the government that F&&ks things about!

Thank you guys, I may give them a try. My biggest problem is using Vista, it keeps changing the profiles with no aparrent reason...Well there is, but its MS Techie stuff so not really my cup of tea.

As I also print on an Epsom 24'' as well as with the Mitsy's, I have to keep a very close eye on the profiles.

Thanks again

Simon

Scott Kirk-Matthewson
17-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Anyone had one done for DNP's?

john christopher
22-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Update:

Well tonight I finally got to test my new icc profile for my Fuji Ask 1500 from Pure Profiles. It isn't perfect but it's a BIG, BIG improvement on other profiles I've received (for the same media) from other custom ICC profiles suppliers. I'm going to give it some other tests in the next couple of days. The prints via Photoshop was nigh on perfect, while the same prints coming out of Breezebrowser and Picasa were just off target. Why this is the case I don't know but I don't think it will take brain surgery to fix it. What I do know is that I'm now very near to able to use the cheaper non OEM media set for this printer with greater confidence of getting great prints from the off. Happy daze are near again.

John

Alan Warner
22-02-2011, 07:37 PM

Hi Scott I was going to but after a fiddle I found the images to be great out of the box

Al.

Graham Taylor
22-02-2011, 09:07 PM

Yes I did but ended up being quite a fiddle. I did it via Express Digital and after having it done twice I found the DNP profile was better.

Mark Amies
23-02-2011, 09:20 AM
All this praise and still they don't join up to EPS.............. :?

Mike Weeks
23-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Mark,

there is a discount code in the Affiliates area that they have provided us with.

Mike

Mark Amies
23-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Fair enough Mike, just meant that they would do wel to be visable and talk to people?

A bit of acknowledgement goes a long way.

john christopher
28-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Another Update:

I successfully used my custom ICC profile from Pure Profiles for the first time in anger last Saturday (via Picasa) along with my backup Copal Printer. It's taken a long time getting here but at last we've got the right result. Apart from the problem of the profile being chopped while in transit (in the end I had to resort to dragging the profile whole, direct off their server) , I'll now be able to start making savings the next time I put in a order for media at Photomart. So a big thank you goes out to the clever dudes at Pure Profiles (especially Sam) as well as Mark and Gary at Photomart.

John

Robert Smith
07-03-2011, 08:06 PM
My Mitsubishi ICC was a waste of time, I should have just used the standard set up

Rob