Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Can anyone advise with Win7/Wamp problem? [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone advise with Win7/Wamp problem?

Graham Taylor
30-11-2010, 12:25 PM
I've been helping Dan Farina setup Event View with Jalbum which is now installed ok. However we cannot get it to display a gallery in the browser (http://localhost). Dan has had some problem with wamp which I believe to be a port issue and (hopefully) rectified.

When typing localhost to view a gallery FF is blank nothing, ziltch. Also cannot open admin or anying in Wamp.I'm ok with EV and Jalbum but very limited knowledge of wamp. Dan is in the USA and is desperate to get this running. I spoke with him last night on skype so if any kind person can help him out he'd be very grateful and would be delighted to call you on skype if you could talk him through.

richard ham
30-11-2010, 12:33 PM
It may be nothing to do with this issue, but the latest Firefox version 3.6.12 has issues which has yet to be resolved. May be worth trying IE.

danfarina
30-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks Richard. I tried it, but I'm sorry to say that it still doesn't work.

I even reinstalled Wamp server. I fact I can't even "Preview" the gallery in IE. I could at least preview the images in FF after clicking "Make Jalbum".

In IE I can't see any images in the preview, or after typing http://localhost/.

Dan

Graham Taylor
01-12-2010, 06:35 PM
As a test I've installed wamp on my w7 machine which loaded ok and no issues. I then loaded event View into Jalbum skin and created a gallery. Again no problem but when I select Myadmin in wamp it just comes up with an Error highlighted in red. I then checked my xp machine and its the same although wamp and Jalbum/EV seem to work ok.
Anyone any idea? Anyone using similar setup with same error?

Graham Taylor
03-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Update on original post.

Error resolved. Problem caused by Microsoft using port 80. Quick search on Wamp forum gave Dan the solution and now has everything working ok.

danfarina
06-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Well ..... not 100% :)

I was hoping to work out a few bugs that are still giving me some problems.

EV seems to be working better in Fire Fox than it does in IE.

After I create an album, there's code around each one of the product selections that I created in the EV menu:

ITEM QTY. PRICE EACH bobs bday 4-09 002
9x6 Print Mat $ 10.00 C:\Users\Dan\Pictures\Thanksgiving at Dad's\bobs bday 4-09 002.jpg / C:\Users\Dan\Documents\My Albums\Thanksgiving at Dad's'>
9 x 6 Print Glossy $ 10.00 C:\Users\Dan\Pictures\Thanksgiving at Dad's\bobs bday 4-09 002.jpg / C:\Users\Dan\Documents\My Albums\Thanksgiving at Dad's'>
5 x 7 Print Mat $ 7.00 C:\Users\Dan\Pictures\Thanksgiving at Dad's\bobs bday 4-09 002.jpg / C:\Users\Dan\Documents\My Albums\Thanksgiving at Dad's'>
5 x 7 Print Glossy $ 7.00 C:\Users\Dan\Pictures\Thanksgiving at Dad's\bobs bday 4-09 002.jpg / C:\Users\Dan\Documents\My Albums\Thanksgiving at Dad's'>
4 x 6 Print Mat $ 5.00 C:\Users\Dan\Pictures\Thanksgiving at Dad's\bobs bday 4-09 002.jpg / C:\Users\Dan\Documents\My Albums\Thanksgiving at Dad's'>
4 x 6 Print Glossy $ 5.00 C:\Users\Dan\Pictures\Thanksgiving at Dad's\bobs bday 4-09 002.jpg / C:\Users\Dan\Documents\My Albums\Thanksgiving at Dad's'>
CD ROM $ 25.00 C:\Users\Dan\Pictures\Thanksgiving at Dad's\bobs bday 4-09 002.jpg / C:\Users\Dan\Documents\My Albums\Thanksgiving at Dad's'>

The selection buttons don't line up correctly either, but I'm assuming that the code is messing up the alignment.

Let's start with this and go from there. :)

Here's a screen shot:

http://guido44.smugmug.com/photos/1116754439_V3JDG-M.png

Here's a screen shot of the Shopping Cart after I add a couple of images: (no thumb nail image)
http://guido44.smugmug.com/photos/1116758970_odwyd-M.png

Thanks for any help:

Dan

Graham Taylor
06-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Dan
Personally I donot use the shopping cart so have that disabled (I prefer a simple paper order form ). Regarding the selection buttons I believe this is due to a Jalbum update which Mike needs to make some code adjustments. Maybe after Xmas when things are fairly quiet. Not sure about the code wrap around never seen that before.

Neil Thompson
06-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Have you tried an older version of WAMP?

Im running Wamp 2.0 G with the latest 8.13 Jalbum and it seems to be running ok from a client point of view. The back end shows some buggy lines of code appearing when generating the orders through the Control panel, but if you have it set to Auto generate PDF and print orders from Jalbum, you never notice.

Think i tried the newer versions of Wamp before and got many more errors, Also the older version supports PDF which is handy for printing as proof of purchase.

Running Windows 7 64bit IE 8 on the host machine and viewing stations are Wyse3125 running CE 5.0.

danfarina
07-12-2010, 03:29 AM
Thanks guys.

I think I'll take your advice again Graham and just leave the cart off.

It seems to work just fine as a "viewer".

Dan

Graham Taylor
07-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys.

I think I'll take your advice again Graham and just leave the cart off.

It seems to work just fine as a "viewer".

Dan

I think you'll still get the "red new viewer" icon in the middle of your screen but you should be able to live with that until Mike finds a solution.

Regarding the paper order forms, I just include these with the customers prints so they have all my contact details should they wish to re-order at a later stage.