Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
hi ti 730ps (and gala) [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : hi ti 730ps (and gala)

Andy Starkey
22-11-2010, 09:13 PM
All (and more likely Stu at SI),

I recently sold my 2 730's, verified they were working before sending, but somehow, somewhere when the purchaser tried to use them not 1 but 2 ( I kid you not) failed. They (well their other half) said that the blade micro switch on the main ribbon door was broken. I have the printers back and yes indeed for some strange reason despite both printers being well packaged with the doors closed (and as I say both being checked before sending), the little plastic blades are indeed snapped off, very very strange I have to say but there you go!!!!!

I sent them insured so can claim on the posting if need be and will do. I have 'fudged' the switches and verified that they are all working other than that.

Question is Stu and others, is the microswitch a part you can supply or fix? I'm sure I can find a replacement on the interweb if need be but thought I'd start at the place most likely to have an answer.

Andy

Mike Weeks
22-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Same serial numbers as you sent?

Mike

Stuart Morley
23-11-2010, 04:28 AM
I would be suprised that someone would have gone to the trouble to swap both printers to be honest.

Not much that goes wrong with the 730PS, although in time and with people slamming the doors (seen it so often) the microswitch can go. It's a funny little switch which was available from HiTi (I would have to check stocks).

By default with the switch gone it will default to one paper size (this is what the switch does) but I cannot remember what size for the life of me (esp at 4am!). It maybe that they had gone before and you just didn't notice as you were printing this size and the new customer wasn't?

Can be fixed I am sure but unsure how cost effective it would be. Give Steve a call in the office and he would be able to help you.

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk)

Andy Starkey
23-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Stu,

it's the microswitch on the upper left hand side of the main (see ribbon cartridge) door. Without this circuit being closed it just complains (flashing red light) that the door is open. Once switch is in the closed position all is fine, but without it being set to the close position it won't print anything.

I've used 730's for years before replacing with a roll fed and have never had any issues. I do find it extremely strange and annoying that both switches have somehow broken!!.

I am competent with a soldering iron and am happy to replace if I can find the part and if you or others are able to helpd then that would be most excellent.

Regards

Amanda Wigmore
14-11-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm not sure how important it is to know that the door is open. If it's not, you could always cut the switch out and just solder the wires together thereby 'closing' the switch....

x