Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP 40 with Windows 7 [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP 40 with Windows 7

tony mccawley
14-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Ok here goes, I'm a MAC user and love it, was using a Hiti 510s with Picassa with Nikon D200 and WT3 - Very happy, easy to use. Now upgraded to DNP 40 but as everyone knows software issues they don't work together. Tried using apature, good results but my assistant gets flustered and things go wrong when it comes to importing.

My question is if i change to a PC running windows, use Picassa and continue with the D200 and WT3 will the files go directly into Picassa? Or will we still need to import after each customer?

I know there are people who don't agree with picassa, but for me it works its idiot proof and thats what i need.

Your thoughts, guidance appreciated.

Tony

Mark Amies
15-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Tony ,had you not looked at any other workflow solutions?

Mike Weeks
15-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Tony my understanding is that as long as you set the ftp program to transfer the images into the correct directory and have Picasa watch that directory it should all work.

Mike

Andrew Johnstone
07-12-2010, 12:12 PM
I use the DNP DS40 with Windows 7 and printing straight from Lightroom. I have installed the printer on two different laptops both with Windows & and another laptop with Windows XP. It was a bit fiddly to install but I may have been overcomplicating things and can state that in my experience it works perfectly. Just make sure that you set the printing defaults (not preferences) to the paper size you wish, or it will revert to the small size each time. Hope this is helpful.