Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Recommend CISS for Canon Inkjet [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Recommend CISS for Canon Inkjet

John_Blythe
11-11-2010, 12:47 AM
I have a Canon S9000 which I have just replaced the head on and am thinking of setting it up with a CISS. However, it seems there aren't that many out there for this generation of printer and I have read some negative posts elsewhere about the ink quality of some for photo printing so any real world experiences would be great. The inks would be need to be good enough to be profiled for colour proofing.

Thanks

John

Bryan Osborne
11-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Yes

The best is the solution from Marrutt Inks, check that their archival inks are available for your pronter, I am of the impression they are. A huge reduction in costs. Or alternatively
purchase auto rest chipped empty cartridges from them plus the 125ml or bigger ink bottles and fill yourself. This works if you are going to "transport" and use on site any inkjet with quality requirements. Buying TWO sets of empty cartridges give a refill onsite.

It would be difficult to transport a CIS, second you get shock bubbles in the system you have a problem and they MUST be kept level..

B

Mac McBride
11-11-2010, 08:07 AM
I had an Epson 2880 for a while when i started selling prints, i got a Lyson system (from Marrutt as mentioned above).

The quality is awesome, the chips have auto reset switches and i went with the external tanks. It was excellent....

WHEN IT WORKED........

You have to print regularly and mine kept blocking up on the magenta channel (this has since been fixed with a replacement in as it was drying faster that it should have). Because of this i got fecked off with it because i spent most of my time doing head cleans.

But i would still recommend it if you are doing lots of prints especially large ones. I sold mine to a guy who sells framed prints and he is still over the moon with it. If you use their paper the provide you with all the profiles needed and will do a custom profile if you buy a kit from them.

Bloke who owns it is called John and is a VERY helpfull chap.

Look on their website and there are loads of demo vids on how to use and install it.

Mac

Alan Warner
11-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi John,

I use a Lyson CIS (via Marrutt) on my Epson 7800 wide format inkjet for serious colour work,

however I sourced a 50 system from ebay for my proofing that works really well on my Canon ip4700 but it is only used for proof sheets and letters ect,

Make sure you get right kinda ink ie dye based ink for your printer !

Al'

simon coates
11-11-2010, 09:19 AM
I used to use the Lyson CIS when I had a Canon S9000. When it worked, it was great. However I did find that it was rather fond of syphoning the ink out of the bottle and piddling it over the page from time to time. Mind you, I suspect that I had one of the very first ones produced, so perhaps they fixed the issue later. As has been mentioned earlier, it was also prone to clogging.

When I replaced the Canon with an Epson 2400, I bought the Permajet CIS. This has also given brilliant results, but I've not experienced any of the problems that I had with the Lyson.

Simon

Mark Ratcliffe
11-11-2010, 01:51 PM
i purchased one from here,for my Epson a3+ printer,works without a single problem,im pretty sure the guy whos sells the also supplys inks to/for lyson,he advises using a profile for his ink,ive always got cracking prints from the inks,All I do to keep the heads from clogging is,plug it into a timing switch you know the ones that switch on/off while your on holiday (to fool The burglars),cost a couple of quid so if you don't use it for a few days,it powers up the print evey 24 hrs for 15 mins,this keeps the heads clear,does use a small amount of ink,but a lot less than having to run a clean/align print head routine
City Inks
http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/cheap-i ... nk-refills (http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/cheap-ink-refills/lyson-ink-for-cheap-ink-refills)" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
he a friendly gut,based in DERBY

John_Blythe
12-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the comments, I did look at Marrutt but from what I can gather they no longer do a CISS for the Canon S9000 only refillable cartridges which is not ideal.

I will have a look at cityinkexpress.co.uk although it was about their ink I was told someone else had issues getting good photo quality prints from, but that was just one case so I'll have a look.

Thanks

John

petethorp
12-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Like Simon, I had a continuous inkflow system for an Epson 2400 ...
In fact I still have it...
Inks supplied from Permajet

I couldn't get on with it all
See Items for sale...