Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Costco for larger prints [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Costco for larger prints

Jason Goodlad
09-11-2010, 11:23 AM
I would like to tell you of my experience with Costco....
I joined a few days ago, it cost me about 23 for the year. I went in and asked about the larger prints and they seemed cheap, I bought a couple of larger prints to check out the quality and I thought they were spot on, (he also didn't charge me)!!!!
I emailed a couple of pictures to them at 8.30 this morning, they emailed me at 10.30 to say they were ready for collection!
The prices are as follows;
8 x 10 = 1.09
8 x 12 = 1.09
12 x 18 = 1.99
16 x 24 = 4.99
24 x 36 = 9.
They also do a 13 page calendar, about 9 x 6 for about 3
Hope someone finds this useful!

Sue

simon coates
09-11-2010, 11:27 AM
I've recently started using them too and have been mightily impressed by their quality and price. Collecting some more orders tonight.

Simon

Duncan Harris
09-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I don't use them but I know a couple of photographers that do and are pleased with them. One has used a few branches and said the quality can differ from branch to branch so worth getting just a few done first to check the branch. He said that the smaller branch was not good at all but felt they weren't doing the quantity and lacked experienced staff.

Mac McBride
09-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks for this, i have been using DS colour labs but it annoys me that postage is about 5 even if you only want 1 print. This will be useful for collection to save some pennies and not have to store up orders to justify the postage.

Can you do gloss/matt/pearl does anyone know..?

Mac

simon coates
09-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks for this, i have been using DS colour labs but it annoys me that postage is about 5 even if you only want 1 print. This will be useful for collection to save some pennies and not have to store up orders to justify the postage.

Can you do gloss/matt/pearl does anyone know..?

Mac

My local branch (Coventry) will do gloss/matt on smaller prints but the larger ones are only available in matt.

It took them the sum total of 27 minutes to print my uploaded images this morning :)

Simon

Mac McBride
09-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Looks like i will be digging out some ID to get an account then.....!

Mark Amies
09-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Sue

With regard to your 10x8 and 12x8 , long term you would do better to get a dye sub for that , if you are going to be doing lots. Your print cost would halve.