Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Fuji ASK-2500 vs Mits 9550DW vs HITI P510S, please advice! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuji ASK-2500 vs Mits 9550DW vs HITI P510S, please advice!

Giordano Monacelli
12-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi there, I'm new of this forum and I need your advice, please...

I'm looking for a dye sub 6x9" printer, and I have to decide between these three models

I found a very good price for the fuji ask-2500 at 1045, but I don't know anything about the quality, service and durability of the printer

Mitsubishi is the simplest to find here, new from 1200 and used from 800, but it's a little slower than the fuji of above, but I know the quality is very high and assistance is perfect.

and for last, a cheap hiti p510s, very light and with the puls of the screen, at 800

I need a thermal printer for event sport photography like motocross, skating and every other event. Of course I'll use in weddings too...

So, which one do you suggest to me? is the fuji as good as the Mitsubishi? it's as robust as the other? looking at the specs it's more like the Mitsubishi 9800 that costs a lot more...

Mark Amies
12-10-2010, 08:20 AM
All the printers you mention are of a good quality and perform well. Some are newer than others, and this wil reflect in things like speed. For example the Mitsubishi 9550 has a print time of approx 30 seconds for a 6x9" print, whereas the newer 9810 does this in approx 17 seconds. This of course is down to wether speed is an issue for you.

I would check out the specs , for things like print speed, weight etc.
You also need to be aware of the fact that Mitsubishi will have a new printer out soon in the shape of the CP D70DW.

Furthermore, and not to confuse you, there are other machines out there, the Sony UPDR200, the Kodak 605 and the DNP DS40.

Mike Weeks
12-10-2010, 08:29 AM
If I had to rank these;

Build

Fuji 1st
Mitsubishi 1st (Both Models)
HiTi 3rd

Print Quality

Fuji 1st
Hiti 1st
Mitsubishi 1st (9800 Model)
Mitsubishi 4th (9550 model)

Weight

Hiti 1st
Mitsubishi 2nd (9550)
Fuji 3rd
Mitsubishi 3rd (9800)

The market is however changing, mitsubishi are bringing out a newer lightweight model which I have not seen yet.

Why the limitation to the 3 brands? Is this an issue in Italy?

Must admit your price for the 510s raises questions as it is closer to Euro 1200 in the UK.

Mike

Mark Amies
12-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Just to add, the Hiti 510S differs from the other machines, as it includes a small viewing screen and card readers, whreas the others do not.

Giordano Monacelli
12-10-2010, 08:39 AM
thanks for the fast reply

but DNP is not simple to find here in Italy, and I selected those three models because of fast availability (I need to buy in next two week)

looking at specs also Hiti is a very good printer, but I'm not sure the print quality is on par with Mitsubishi or Fuji.

Spec-wise, Fuji ASK-2500 is the best of the bunch, but I'm here for a direct experience of someone who worked with it.

About HITI, has an impressive price/performance ratio, but it will last as long as a Fuji or Mits? the little roll (only 150) isn't a real problem for me, and speed is very good too. But quality?

If only i could compare the same print from the three of them.

EDIT: I seen Mike's answer too
very useful
Yes, in Italy it's not simple to find DNP printers and the others cost much more

I have doubts because I find a reseller that sells the fuji from 1800 to 1045 (plus taxes), why????? I have to fear something? mmmh...

Hiti costs 800 + IVA = 960 final price for the 510S

do you think the HITI 510 has better quality than Mitsubishi 9550?

So, the choise reduces between the fuji ask2500 and hiti p510s, which one? mmmh..

Mike Weeks
12-10-2010, 09:03 AM
If I had to choose between those 2 printers then it would be the Fuji based on build quality due to the type of events you want to cover. Image quality from the Fuji is very good.

Italy is not so far away and I know that some suppliers can ship very quickly.

Mike

Stuart Morley
12-10-2010, 09:26 AM
If you are comparing the Fuji 2500 and the HiTi then my choice would be the HiTi every time.

Reasons: Lightweight, Additional functions over and above all the others.

http://www.systeminsight.co.uk/web/hiti ... inter.html (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk/web/hiti-p510s-photo-printer.html)

The HiTi P510 is our best selling printer by a factor of 2:1

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk)

Mark Amies
12-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Fair points from Stuart there.

Of course their are two sides to every coin. The Fuji printer has a greater prints per roll capacity - 273 prints per roll ( at 6x9) , as opposed to 150 ppr on the HiTi.

The functionalities of the HiTi are a strong point perhaps, but this only extends to the (small screen) and the card readers.

The weight of the HiTi against the Fuji could be seen as a strong point.

Stuart Morley
12-10-2010, 10:03 AM
The functionalities of the HiTi are a strong point perhaps, but this only extends to the (small screen) and the card readers.

There is also:

- The ability to overlay a template either whilst printing from the card or from the PC / Mac
- The ability to use it wirelessly (510Si model)
- Ability to produce ID / Passport photos without a PC
- Print count by media size (pin protected)
- Standard profile provides superb image quality. No need for extra profiling.

Stu

Mark Amies
12-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Ah, you have 'hit my with your spec list' * Stuart

Fair enough.

( * as in hit me with your rythym stick ;-) )

Stuart Morley
12-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Ian Drury now ther's a name from the past.....

That takes me back.....

Stu

Mark Amies
12-10-2010, 10:24 AM
He used to go to Walthamstow Technical College I believe, just down the road from Photomart.

ANYWAY - I just put the thread at risk . So Let's get back to the issue, before someone has a go.

;-)

john christopher
12-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Given the nature of the events covered, my choice has to be the FUJI! It's a belt and braces high capacity printer, build to last and tough as old boots (and can easily be fitted into most standard flight cases). Prints right out of the box are not the best in show, so a custom ICC profile is advisable but apart from that single caveat, I haven't got a single bad word against this printer. One other great thing about this printer is the availabilty of media. Plenty of choice!
Fuji, Copal even non OEM media......You pays your money, you make your choice!

Steph

Giordano Monacelli
12-10-2010, 11:57 AM
today if possible I'll try the same print from both fuji and hiti, then we'll see
My only fear is that hiti seems too light to survive a motocross race where some dust will certainly come to my print position... For example

Stuart Morley
12-10-2010, 12:06 PM
today if possible I'll try the same print from both fuji and hiti, then we'll see
My only fear is that hiti seems too light to survive a motocross race where some dust will certainly come to my print position... For example

As long as it's not on the back of a motorbike it should be ok :)

Dust isn't an issue with the P510S to be honest (or any other roll fed for that matter)

Stu

Bryan Osborne
12-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Ah I wonder why he called his group "the Blockheads?"

Giordano Monacelli
12-10-2010, 12:20 PM
I see that you like hiti p510s so much, so here I am with some other question.
Speaking of print quality, it's possible to print in matte? On the back of the paper is there any logo or hiti has blank paper too?
Again, I don't print very much, but when I do I can reach 5 hundred of prints in a day, is hiti 510 capable of non stop printing without problems?
I worked with a very very fast p710l, but colirs where not perfect and paper showed little scratches on the surface, lije if when moving in and out of the printer something was touching the paper. in this forum I noticed that someone else had the same issue with a 510. Is there a thing I have to expect with any hiti or just a coincidence?
Now I'm going to try these beasts
Many,thanks

Mike Weeks
12-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Giordano,

there is always the risk that any dye sub that feeds the paper in and out of the machine during printingmay pull dirt and grit back into the machine however realistically that is a rare occurence. If that were a major concern for you then I would suggest if you were here in the UK that the DNP keeps the paper in the machine until it has finished printing.

To make it clear I have been paid on a number of occasions to demonstrate the DNP printers so know them well. Maybe of help http://www.toscanafotoservice.it/dettag ... &IDP=30415 (http://www.toscanafotoservice.it/dettaglio.aspx?IDC=766&IDGM=1483&IDF=10&IDP=30415)

From comments on here from other HiTi users they do not consider the 510 to be anywhere as near as good as the 710 in build quality - to match that build quality from the printers you asked about you would need the Fuji 2500 and to maintain the same quality of print and build quality something like the Mitsubishi 9800 opposed to the 9550.

Mike

Mark Amies
12-10-2010, 01:02 PM
The HiTi 510 has an 'internal print path', which means that the print says inside the printer for the entire print process.

This is a feature that is shared with the DNP DS machines and the new Mitsubishi CP-D70DW.

Stuart Morley
12-10-2010, 01:12 PM
The physical build of the machine is not the heavy metal cabinet that many printers utilise. HiTi made the printer lightweight for event photographers to make it easier to carry between jobs.

Most of the "other" heavy printers where not originally designed to be moved (although they can be of course and are on daily basis.

This is why the P510 is not of the same build quality. This doesn't mean that it is an inferior machine, just a lighter one....

HiTi have an excellent reputation for longevity, ask anyone with the little 730PS which are still going strong after many years and they are nearly all plastic!

Mark is correct about the interior print path.

Stu

Mike Weeks
12-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Giordano,

the 510 was not designed for event work (HiTi however class as an event printer) but as a mini photo kiosk machine (HiTi's words not mine), hence the small and fairly usless screen on the 510S (for event work) and the inclusion of the card reader, whereas the 510K (classeed as a Kiosk machine by HiTi) version has a useable 10 inch screen i.e. you can actually see detail of the images.

The other machines actually have a mild steel cabinet that if weighed would be not that much heavier if at all than the plastic case of the 510 - what makes the other machines heavy is the size and weight of the drum used in the internal print path.

To the best of my knowledge all dye subs have been designed without event photographers in mind - they are normally designed to be used in Kiosks which is a far greater market than event photography. Event Photographers identified the use of such machines not the dye sub companies.

As with all printers I would say that you should make the effort to see one yourself before buying to ensure that it is of the quality and produces the quality of image you require.

Mike

Stuart Morley
12-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Mike,

I'm sorry but you are wrong.

HiTi did design it with Event Photographers in mind (something that I have just confirmed with them). It also has an "Event Mode" built in to the software. I'm not sure if this is something you have seen?

There are even HiTi videos on the web showing it being used for events. As it is a fexible solution it can also be used as a Photo Kiosk and can be used with the 510K, and new Picvite Kiosk.

Giordano,

As HiTi Distributors for the last 7 years I can confirm that we have an indepth knowledge of these printers and they are used by Event Photographers very successfully.

Given that it is our most popular printer by a factor of 2:1 it does show that Event photographers use it and find the facilities that it offers (that others don't) useful.

Colours are "out of the box" some of the best I have seen.

Hope that helps shed some light on the subject for you.

Also they have won many awards including DIMA Awards (8) and a TIPA award in 2010 for the 510K (based on the 510S)

Stu

http://www.systeminsight.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andy Starkey
12-10-2010, 03:11 PM
I have no doubt the 510 (in all it's guises) produces fabulous prints. I have certainly been very happy with all of the output from all of the Hi-Ti's i've used in the past. And I currently use a 710L

However I would raise the following points.

The 510 while an eminently capable machine, isn't in my view in the same league as other printers being used in the event market. It's isn't as robust and lonegevity would be a question if not handled with kid gloves. In my view, and possibly others it is in effect a roll fed 730ps.

Also as previously mentioned, if you choose the Hi-ti be aware there are media supply issues. Now at this time there is no indication that this will affect the 510 but this time last year it wasn't an issue for the 710 either. This is only based on my and others current predicament.

If I needed something and wasn't very aware of the market I have to say I'd probably be tempted by the 510, but having had the 710 and understanding some of the supply issues with Hi-ti I'd be loathed to recommend it at this time.

that being said I am vaguely interested in the new 720 but would need some further assurances around media production in the longer term.

regards

Stuart Morley
12-10-2010, 05:06 PM
If the P510S lasts as long as the 730PS's that we still see (which I am sure it will) then it will last a long while and take quite a battering....

Other printers do however have a stronger construction but the P510S is built around a metal frame and like anything will last if looked after.

We rent a number of these and actually have less issues with the P510S which is maybe due to the weight of the unit. Having said that this won't be an issue if you are not shipping the units all the time by courier.

At the end of the day which ever one you buy I don't think you will be disappointed. As Mike pointed out it's always a good idea to look at samples and see the thing in action however.

Certain markets have different levels of support from the manufacturer and this is worth checking. I know for a fact that HiTi sell a lot of printers in Italy although I am not sure how many 510S's they sell there.

As for the media issue that Andy points out, this was limited to the P710L where HiTi relied on Shinko to supply the media and we stood by our customers and offered an alternative product.

Stu

john christopher
12-10-2010, 07:54 PM
When I first started out in Event Photography, it was with an Olympus P440 (10x8, sheet feed) Dye Sub printer. It was a all plastic affair (still is) and not a heavy grade plastic at that. In places it was paper thin. Anyway we carried and operated the printer from within a custom made flight case and on the rare occasions we used it outdoors (twice), we protected it with a heavy duty plastic bag. Not once did we have any dirt issues being ingested into the innards of the printer but I have to admit it, it was a happy day when we got the Mits CP8000DW. The moral of the story. Treat your equipment with respect and it won't let you down. Treat it like crap and trust me, it will. It's just that the HITi will need a little more "protection" than that of the Fuji.

Steph

Giordano Monacelli
12-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Today I tryed the hiti 510s, I have to admit that printing standalone without a PC, inserting my SDHC from the E-P2, it's very slow. 3 photos 15x23 = 3 minutes instead of 63sec as expected.
Images are color accurate (a little oversaturated but it's still very ok) and very good sharpness.
But, I miss the build quality of the hiti P710L I used sometimes.

Tomorrow I'll try the Fuji with the same picture printed with the P510S today and I'll decide, but I have to admit that I'm more interested to the Fuji....

john christopher
12-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Giordano

And while you're at it, invest in a good sturdy flight case as well to accomodate the whole. You won't regret it! You could ask Bryan if he has got a custom ICC profile for the Fuji for you to try, just in case the colour don't come out as expected. And good luck!

Steph

Giordano Monacelli
12-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Many thanks,

about the flight case, can you show me someone good? I don't know if my reseller has anything like them, I was thinking to buy a little trolley and accomodate it to the printer

any suggestion?

Stuart Morley
13-10-2010, 05:16 AM
Flight case for a P510S is shown below. We also do one for the Fuji which is the same price.

http://www.systeminsight.co.uk/web/flig ... p510s.html (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk/web/flightcase-for-hiti-p510s.html)

A discount is available if buying the two items together.

Stu

Giordano Monacelli
13-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I was just about to buy the fuji, when I found the italian reseller for DNP printers

DS40 will cost a little less than fuji ask-2500 (both at around 1000 + 20% taxes)

cost copy is almost the same...

so, quality and construction? image quality? I've never seen a DS40 at work (I've never seen a DNP printer)

ian griffiths
13-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi Giordano,

All 4 printers are very capable.

Do take in to consideration ongoings supply of media and service support, it's not good having the best printer in the world if you cannot get paper for it when you need it! So check out your local suppliers.

Mike Weeks
13-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Giordano,

as I said I demonstrate these in the UK however I will try to give you an objective opinion.

The DNP like other dye subs was not built with event photographers in mind but as a mini or micro lab component and therefore as is common with dye subs you should expect a long life. If we compare with the Fuji it is about 6 or 7 Kg lighter and half the height. I know how to spot the difference between prints from the 2 machines but if both are setup correctly you will get good quality prints.

The DNP DS40 is the first 9"x6" machine that I have not had custom profiled - colour is very good. The DNP has had a Lustre finish option added which requires no change of media, something the Fuji does not have (also available on some Mitsubishi and Sony).

Speed of printing for the 2 is about the same and is inline with all latest generation printers.

Construction should not be confused weight and the casing etc. feels slightly lighter to the touch but not in any way inferior. The DNP printers are incredibly quiet during operation, not a problem at a bike meeting but a real bonus at social functions. The printing process is all done within the machine and the print only appears when it is finished.

Loading is extremely simple (all colour coded) like the Fuji and does not have the complexity of a cassette like the 510S. I am happy to travel with the media in the printer due to how and where it is loaded (although not recommended by the manufacturer) but I would not do this with other machines such as the Fuji.

When I started the EPS DNP were really an unknown brand in the UK, Photomart started selling them about 4 months later and there are many users here on the forum and there have been no major problems reported by users here to the best of my knowledge - in fact most errors for all machines are user error.

DNP have consistently been one of the first to release new drivers for different operating systems so that is another area that should not cause concern.

If you have any further questions just ask and I would just like to say that I wish my Italian was as good as your English.

Mike

Giordano Monacelli
13-10-2010, 10:19 AM
no problem with anyone of them in these regards

Hiti has assistance at 30km from my home, (they also modified every hiti p710L in order to use photo paper of another manufacturer)

Mitsubishi is the most available here

Fuji and DNP seem to haev no problem

My concerns are about print quality between ask-2500 and ds40. The compact size of ds40 is a plus, but not so important to me, If quality is on par with the others I should consider it

@Mike

Probably I try to contact DNP reseller in Italy for a demo of DS40, before buying fuji

thanks for your reply.

Mike Weeks
13-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Giordano,

the quality of print from any dye sub has much to do with the settings on the camera and configuration of software and the driver - I had a number of issues with a Canon user who we could not get good looking images from 2 printers whereas from my Nikon the images were great. This is counter to another photographer I have worked with who has her system optimised to match her Canon settings and it is Nikon that causes her issues.

Mike

PJones
13-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Dear Giordano

It may be worth contacting Mitsubishi Italy direct, we are about to launch a new printer that would be perfect for your business request. It has improved image quality, print speed and small footprint over older conventional dye subs.

Details for MEIT can be found at -

http://www.mitsubishielectric.it/vis/index.php

The new printer, CP-D70, is not on the web yet but details are available from the local office.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
Mitsubishi Photo Team (UK,MiddleEast&Africa)

Amanda Wigmore
13-10-2010, 10:53 AM
(they also modified every hiti p710L in order to use photo paper of another manufacturer)

Now that's very interesting!!!
x

Mark Amies
13-10-2010, 11:30 AM
[quote="Giordano Monacelli":257eeiqo](they also modified every hiti p710L in order to use photo paper of another manufacturer)

Now that's very interesting!!!
x[/quote:257eeiqo]

Yes, very interesting. I am sure all the HiTi P710L users are now extremely keen to find out what that is about, and which media it is? I assume it will be Shinko original media, much in the same way the supply for the Op1000? Next thing to ask is was this a firmware change or was a it a circuit board change?

Stuart Morley
13-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Are there or have there been supply issues for the Shinko Media? If they can be upgraded (I am looking into this AGAIN at the moment) then it might be out of the frying pan into the fire?

I know that other people have had issues (including HiTi of course) around the world.

Can you shed any light on this Mark?

Stu

Mark Amies
13-10-2010, 12:28 PM
As many of the OP1000 users are aware we have been supply Shinko media for the OP1000 for sometime now, and it is currently avaialble, with no problems that Iam aware of.

Obviously to allow the OP1000 to accept the OEM media a firmware change had to be made.

So I can only assume that to do the same thing a firmware change would have tobe done to the P710L. The OP1000 situation was vital , with the departure of ICI Imagedata from the market.

So really it is and has been down to HiTi to provide the information on this.

Andy Starkey
13-10-2010, 01:35 PM
while I have a small stack of boxes of media at the moment I too am waiting with baited breath for a response!!.

I feel a van and several uk based p710l's being driven to somewhere in italy for a quick fix.

Also Stu is it definitely HI-TI who will be producing the media for the 720?

Stuart Morley
13-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Andy,

Once again.......The P710L is the only printer that HiTi has relied on for media in the last 10 years or so that they have made dye sub printers.

I would imagine that the last thing they would want to do after this experience is to use someone else for media.

As for the upgrade for the P710 I am looking into this as we speak.

Stu

john christopher
13-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Giordano

It pains me to do this but I've got to disagree with Mike regarding the Fuji. I've had no problem transporting a ASK 1500 with media inside (except for the weight of carrying a fully loaded machine). As long as the waste bin is emptied and the paper is removed from the take up spool and secured onto its drum with a bit of splicing tape, it's the case of have Fuji will travel. I can't talk for Bryan Osbourne but I'm almost 100% sure that he does the same thing with his Fuji.

Now that you've opened this can of worms regarding the HITi 710, it could be a good idea to fez up and kill the suspense!

Steph

Giordano Monacelli
13-10-2010, 02:32 PM
About HiTi P710L, they converted HiTi into a Shinkenstein, using Shinko drivers and roll paper from another manufacturer, but I don't know if there're more modifies inside the machine

Back to my problem, I'm waiting for a call from the italian DNP distributor for a demo before deciding

I have to admit that the Fuji ASK-2500 is still very tempting to me

john christopher
13-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Any chance you can contact the dudes who did the modifications to get more details.........

Steph

Andy Starkey
13-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Stu,

not trying to be a pain, but once bitten, twice shy. All the media I have was and is labelled as HI-TI even if it is someone else producing it. I'll be honest I am a Hi-Ti fan but do now have concerns about support and supply.

If I'm honest and having a reasonable appreciation for the technology involved. If Hi-ti can make media for the 720 I see absolutely no reason why they are not able (unless there is a commercial or licensing agreement) that would stop them producing the media for the 710 themselves. Whilst there are differences in the actual media and the way they work and perform, fundamentally they are the same.

Give me a call when you work the figures out around 720/710 swaps. Though I doubt they're likely to be as good as the 510 rates even though they are similarly priced i might be interested......

Andy

Stuart Morley
13-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Andy

I think it maybe down to the licensing but I am not sure. I will of course make every attempt to bring solutions for this issue as you know.

This is something that I look at almost every day.

Stu

Giordano Monacelli
15-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi there, back again

I have a problem, today I tried out the Fuji ASK-2500, very very fast but the qulity is a bit disappointing

4x6" print, a portrait of my girlfriend and I could clearly see pixels in fine details like hairs

They didn't allow me to modify any of the printer setting, I can only assume that high speed mode was enabled instead of high quality

same thing in a print from DS40 of a forest

is this normal?

another question, they tell me that both ask-2500 and ds40 can print and cut two 6x4" from a 6x9", is this true?

all in all, that's my summary

Fuji ASK-2500
Pro:
- Build quality
- Speed
- Free Printing Software
- Fujifilm wathermark printed behind every photo ( ;-P )

Contra:
- Big and Heavy
- Filght case will cost more than DS40
- Poor quality in high speed (to be confirmed)

DNP DS40
Pro:
- Prints with Matte Finish with a firmware upgrade with the same media support
- Little and light and easy to transport
- Flight Case more compact and cheap

Contra:
- Seems of a cheaper level
-

Contra:
-

Mike Weeks
15-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Giordano.

what software was being used for the printing? I have seen this problem with a few dye subs and it is just a matter of settings in the software.

Yes you can do 2 6"x4" prints from a DNP DS40 using the 9"x6" media (have never done it personally) but it is not nearly as cheap as using the real 6"x4" media.

If you want free printing software then use Picasa, many people are using it successfully.

Mike

Giordano Monacelli
15-10-2010, 09:25 PM
In fact I always used picasa, it's great (altought sometimes has problems charging folders with many files)

Now with fuji comes a free software in bundle, they printed a 4x6 with it and I noticed this problem

very very interesting that I can, if necessary, print out 2 4x6 from a 6x9 (and they are automatically cutted)

john christopher
15-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Giordano

Like I previously said, the Fuji will need a custom ICC profile to get the best colours out of it (irrespective of the driver settings). I wouldn't buy the flight case for it brand new, instead I'd take a gander on Ebay, where you are sure to pick up a bargain. I did! I'm interested to learn more about this free software that as been bundled with the printer. Otherwise I agree with Mike, I've also seen this type of problem with some dye subs (when I 1st used my trusty CP8000DW, the prints were so bad, I thought I had brought a lemon). Man was I wrong. Set up right both the DNP and the Fuji WILL produce outstanding prints, of this I'm sure.....

Steph

Giordano Monacelli
15-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Next monday I'll buy the beast (Fuji) from my local dealer and that's it, bigger, without matte finish capability, but I like it more than DNP (this form factor reminds me of those older VHS recorder ;-) )

Mike Weeks
15-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Giordano,

you forget that the form factor of the DNP means you can get 2 printers in the same space as 1 of the Fuji machines - whichever you buy you will get good quality if setup correctly.

Mike

john christopher
15-10-2010, 11:03 PM
.......And if you buy both the DNP DS-40 and DS-80 you'll be able to print three different formats of prints from 6x4 to 12x8 , which is something not even the Fuji could compete with. Mind you this comes at double the price.

Steph

Giordano Monacelli
15-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Yes, it's a big plus, but my local dealer has only fuji, hiti or mitsubishi.

In order to but a DNP I need to ask to another reseller and I'd like to remain with mine. I asked him if it's possible to order DNP models, if yes, maybe....

@ john
I know that with DS40+DS80 I'll print many formats, but I can still do the same (with double in dimensions) with ASK-2500 + ASK-4000

Mike Weeks
15-10-2010, 11:15 PM
I know that with DS40+DS80 I'll print many formats, but I can still do the same (with double in dimensions) with ASK-2500 + ASK-4000

Dont forget the fork lift truck ;-)

Mike

john christopher
16-10-2010, 10:43 AM
.........(with double in dimensions) And the rest!

Giordano

You didn't say anything about buying the monsterous ASK 4000 (AKA: The Back Breaker). Take my advice, make like a girl and buy the Mitsubishi 3800 instead. I've used this combination (the ASK 1500 along with the Mike's ex 3800) myself and the two worked together well. A large capacity printer producing your everyday 9x6's alongside a mid capacity, large format printer making those profitable 12x8 magazine covers. More importantly, I didn't end up in A&E after each job. Think about it!

Steph

8-) 8-) 8-)

ian griffiths
16-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Oh, there goes a Man card! :rofl:

Jeremy Nako
16-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Size matters - and if you're in any doubt, here's a photo of Steph doing an event recently..

http://www.danheller.com/images/LatinAmerica/Cuba/People/Kids/tiny-camera-big.jpg

To be fair, it was before she'd got hooked up with the wireless..

Giordano Monacelli
16-10-2010, 11:06 AM
hey hey, slow down

for the moment I can afford only one 6x9", and fuji is the one...

(anyway, I know well cp3800 quality and is a very good 8x12 printer

john christopher
16-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Giordano

Don't listen to these double dealing gringo's, listen to the female inside. All this macho talk is so much chest beating from men with breast. Now, unless I'm wrong, all of us ( Pale Dude, St Jeremy, Sgt Rock and me) currently use either the Mitsubishi 3800 or the DNP DS-80 as part of their workflow. St Jeremy will in the very near future be going all girlie when she gets her mitts on the Mitsubishi CP-D70. Which means, this girl isn't alone......Release the inner woman and free yourself from male oppression and a broken back!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Steph

ian griffiths
16-10-2010, 11:25 AM
I'll be sticking with my 9550's / 9800's / 3800's for the time being, the cost of switching so many printers just for smaller units can't be justified in the business plan.

If there was a huge difference in the media cost then it might be justifiable but there isn't at the moment.

Don't forget guys, these new printers and the DNP's are not such a huge step forward, if you go back to the Mitsubishi CP800's they were smaller and lighter printers just seemed to 'get fat'.

john christopher
16-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Don't forget guys, these new printers and the DNP's are not such a huge step forward, if you go back to the Mitsubishi CP800's they were smaller and lighter printers just seemed to 'get fat'.

That's why I burst into tears when I recently part-exchanged my mega reliable CP8000DW for the DNP-40. My business head told me that the cost of media was increasingly making my 8000 unviable while my heart was telling me that I was betraying a old and trusted friend. If a broken heart is the cost of doing business, then you can keep your capitailism and your get rich quick schemes and leave me alone. This is why I'll NEVER make a good businessman. I'm way too emotional for my own good.

Steph

ian griffiths
16-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Steph,

Did you ever see the CP800? It was tiny!

http://vis.mitsubishielectric.co.uk/pro ... rs/cp800dw (http://vis.mitsubishielectric.co.uk/products/printers/cp800dw)

john christopher
16-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Pale Dude

I've only seen and used one once about four years ago. They were tiny in comparison to a 9810. Even the 8000 could be still called a compact. Then like you said Mitsubishi went fat mad on burgers and chips. Like the song says, one step forward, two steps backwards......

Steph

Duncan Harris
16-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Steph,

Did you ever see the CP800? It was tiny!

http://vis.mitsubishielectric.co.uk/pro ... rs/cp800dw (http://vis.mitsubishielectric.co.uk/products/printers/cp800dw)" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ever Seen one !! Out of the 3 I had still have one that works which is occasionally taken as an extra backup or used at small 2nd events.

ian griffiths
16-10-2010, 09:19 PM
I shipped mine (6) to a charity in Africa who were looking for equipment for in schools, they loved them and about 4 months later I was sent 4 photos printed on various of them of their school photos, looked great fun.

Made me feel good too!

Giordano Monacelli
18-10-2010, 07:44 PM
At the end of the game I finally purchased the Fuji ASK-2500, tomorrow afternoon it should be at my home....

Information for everyone that asked me: hiti P710L can modified by DEDEM for using their consumables, so call Dedem for every particular information

Mark Amies
20-10-2010, 09:08 AM
I wondered if any of the HiTi 710 users had seen Giordano's last comment, or had enquired.

john christopher
23-10-2010, 09:43 PM
At the end of the game I finally purchased the Fuji ASK-2500, tomorrow afternoon it should be at my home....

Information for everyone that asked me: hiti P710L can modified by DEDEM for using their consumables, so call Dedem for every particular information

Mark

Who the hell is DEDEM?

Steph

PS: I love google:

http://www.alibaba.com/member/it105048951.html

Mark Amies
25-10-2010, 07:52 AM
They appear to be a seller of dye subs and system integrated solutions John.