Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
'Watermark' development [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 'Watermark' development

Mark Amies
28-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Something I opicked up at Photokina- Sony will be doing an udate on theri UPDR80 ( 10x8/12x8 printer), which wil be what they have called 'Watermark'. This produces a specific area of lustre burn off on a gloss print.

I thought it was very interesting , and I decided to do a quick walk around to teh other manufacturers to see if they were doing this. DNP said they would consider it , as did Mitsubishi. Shinko/Sinfonia told me that this could be done, and said it to me like it was obvious ( !).

Seemed to me like the relevance or importance was somewhat lost, and as such I wondered what your thoughts were.

I am putting this into both the Sony Printer section and General Section for Printers 7 Printing so it gets enough coverage.

Mark Amies
28-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Never try to be clever Mark! , right , the main bulk of chat about this has taken place in the Sony section, so for reference here it is-

posting.php?mode=reply&f=40&t=3620 (http://www.eventphotographersociety.co.uk/phpBB3/posting.php?mode=reply&f=40&t=3620)