Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
WT-4 and 64 bit windows 7 [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : WT-4 and 64 bit windows 7

Mark Eaton
03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I am in the process of sorting a new PC it came loaded with 64 bit windows 7.
Have found drivers for my printers everything is working except for my WT-4.

Have downloaded 64 bit version of utility set up, however the Nikon site states that this will only operate in PC mode not Transfer mode.

So am I stuffed? Do I need to format my drive and load 32 bit windows 7? Or does anyone out there know of a solution.

Michael Martin
04-09-2010, 08:35 AM
I know this is for Mac, but you may be able to follow the principal and adapt it for windows. It does not use Nikons setup utility which sucks anyway. This tutorial is a couple of years old, but it still works with latest Mac software are D3 etc.
http://www.jlwphoto.net/For-photographe ... 4-tutorial (http://www.jlwphoto.net/For-photographers/Nikon-WT-4-tutorial)

Good luck

RichardHobson
04-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Interesting. I just upgraded my laptop and can't get the wt-4 to work on the new one. I need to set a day aside to play with it. When I do I'll let you know how I get on!

Let me know if you find a fix!

petethorp
04-09-2010, 05:31 PM
I can confirm it only works in PC mode on 64bit... I've just bought Ultimate to solve this problem...

You've no need to format though, if you partioned your drives... just load on the other drive and boot into 32bit mode... of course you'll also need to get all the other drivers to but then you would any way...

good luck

Mark Eaton
12-09-2010, 10:37 PM
junked 64 bit - sorted.

Timothy Miles-Hayler
13-09-2010, 07:16 AM
I have Windows7 64bit home & Windows7 64bit ultimate. I have just got a WT-4 & installed the disk with it, I then downloaded the 64bit update from Nikon & it works perfectly.

Mark Eaton
13-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Timothy,
well done mate. I also downloaded the 64 bit update. However I could not get the WT-4 to transfer the images, it could see the network but it would not transfer.
when I checked on the Nikon website it stated that with 64 bit it would only work in PC mode not transfer mode.
Perhaps I misunderstood something or did something incorrectly.