Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
yet another newbie [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : yet another newbie

edwin devey
16-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone,
My name is edwin and although I have been a full time professional photographer since 1981 I still think of myself as starting out. Then again I still think I can beat my 10 year old son at badminton and win admiring glances from young ladies. Sadly I am deluded on both counts but remain irrepressible and have more optimism than is healthy.
I am in Lancashire (the North West for those with geography knowledge like mine) but only came up here in 1994 from the East Midlands.
Over the years I have done mostly Advertising, Industrial and Commercial and Weddings etc. but started covering charity events with a coleague a few years ago and got bitten by the events bug. Getting paid to go out and have a good time is the kind of burden I like to carry. I do not have facilities to print on site but do upload images for sale within 24 hours on-line at my site http://www.whatapicture.biz.
Hope to see some of you around.

edwin

Trudy Trafford
16-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi Edwin,

welcome to the forum!

Dave Derrett
17-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi Edwin, Dave here from www.rainhillphoto.co.uk (http://www.rainhillphoto.co.uk) You don't say where you are in Lancs but it can't be too far from me. I notice you don't print on site. I have found that most of my sales are done on the day with a few bits later on web. I've only just got going myself and am learning fast !! If - maybe - possibly you would like to use my unit to try on site printing I'm sure we could sort something out. Obviously it would need to be on a date I'm not booked. Please feel free to pm me or give me a ring anytime, it's always good to know who's where in case of being already booked for a certain date. Or, of course, if we may need extra togs for a big event. Anyway, enough for now. Good luck with everything, Dave.

Andrew Ragsdale
17-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi Edwin

Welcome to the forum

22-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I know I am late with this... but I just stopped by to say Hello and welcome to the forum!

Looking forward to your post!