Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Eye Fi Card Dropping out [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Eye Fi Card Dropping out

Jonathan White
23-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Hello I have an Eye Card Home Card that I use with a 1000d. I have a mitsubushi click system with a netgear wireless router.

The Card sends multiple images fine then stops working. If you remove the card out of the camera and put it back in it starts working for a few photos then stops again. If you remove the card and put it into the click memory card reader on the front it will send the images. (The stoping seems random).

Has anybody had issues like this before and if so how did they resolve. (Could it be a faulty card or router ?)

Any help would be great.

Kind Regards
Jonathan White
WhiteFusion Photos

RobMarsh
23-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Is there a gap between picture taking ?
What range is your camera from the router?
Asking as one of the biggest problems is the camera going into standby mode. Turn this off in camera settings.
The other thing to check is your battery, when this happens, as I find if I go below 1/2 on the battery, the eye-fi will sometimes stop. I now shoot with my battery grip on the camera to alleviate this

The 1000 is one of the best camera's for event type work, to use with the eye fi card, as it is essentially a plastic style body with an SD slot, so you should get a good range of 30 metres plus indoor

JulianAustin
23-08-2010, 06:19 PM
The eye fi card creates a log which you can access from the eyefi helper software. Reading down the log often shows what the hiccup is from the cards point of view and is a useful starting point.

Jonathan White
24-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Is there a gap between picture taking ?
Yes no different to normal photography work maybe 4 -5 photos taken then a 2 minute break while reposing.

What range is your camera from the router?
Normally Less than 1 meter away clear line of sight

Asking as one of the biggest problems is the camera going into standby mode. Turn this off in camera settings.
I have this option switched off so the camera does not go into standby mode

The other thing to check is your battery, when this happens, as I find if I go below 1/2 on the battery, the eye-fi will sometimes stop. I now shoot with my battery grip on the camera to alleviate this
I do use a cheap battery grip bought from ebay that contains two batterys one cannon and one cheap generic battery. (could this be the cause nut the issue still occurs when the card is put in the click memory card reader it transfers 2 images then stops and I put back in camera and it transfers a few more ?)

The 1000 is one of the best camera's for event type work, to use with the eye fi card, as it is essentially a plastic style body with an SD slot, so you should get a good range of 30 metres plus indoor I would agree that is one of the reason why I use them for the work.

Another though could it be that the router I have is quite old it is a D-Link DI416 which I picked up from old stock from a company. (From looking at the router log when transfering images it seems to drop and IP and not get a new one)

I have check the log and the only error codes are 3306 and 12. (sample of log file is below:)

[09:29] Uploaded 1022464 bytes for IMG_0175.JPG.tar (ee3b8eee7bda87493ab37e5a40d69347). Waiting for the response...
[09:30] Returning from upload function with error 12.
[09:30] Starting to upload "/public/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_0176.JPG"...
[09:30] Server result for IMG_0175.JPG.tar was OK.
[09:45] Returning from upload function with error 360.
[09:45] Starting to upload "/public/DCIM/100CANON/IMG_0177.JPG"...

Any ideas....