Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Basic setting up help needed [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Basic setting up help needed

Neil Thompson
09-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi there

Recently just signed up as im in the process of getting Event View up and running.

Ive managed to get everything downloaded and installed.
Event view 1.3.8
JAlbum 8.9.2
Wamp 2.0i

Ive got album working and refreshing etc and i can call it up on a networked machine ok.

Im as far as typing Http://localhost/controlpanel.php
To set up database

I dont think this works anymore on Wamp 2.0i ? would it be easier to roll back to a different version?

On the subject of the "database" i have no experience (im guessing its not ms Access lol ) Do i set up database as Orders then a Table? woudl the table need fields that on the order form etc?

Thanks for any help.

Software seem brilliant so far in terms of displaying etc.

Thanks Neil

Neil Thompson
09-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Managed to get it running by going back to WAMP 2.0G , Jalbum 8.1.6

but seem to have a few bugs.

Ive been testing on my pc, running WinXP and IE8

When trying to generate orders, using the Generate One order, Generate All orders and Generate Excel All buttons i get a page with the following lines

"Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc6 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenAll.php on line 256"
"Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc6 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenAll.php on line 257"
"Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc6 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenAll.php on line 258"
etc etc
thru to
"Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc6 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenAll.php on line 284"
The orders have been generated

What should i be seeing at this point? Is it an overview of live orders?

I am getting both a Folder with the selected images in the appropriate qtys and PDF of the order in my c:\wamp\www\orders directory ok

Generate paid excell file seems to works fine giving me a .csv to use for stats.

Also when using the Find order button it brings up the order as it should be but if i click on one of the links to the image i get

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Sky Broadband)
Timestamp: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 20:57:56 UTC

Line: 9
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/ViewOrderNumber.php

Apologies for the long post!

Cheers for any info

Neil

Neil Thompson
10-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Apologies, couldnt find an edit button?

I looked at the errors im gettings again and just realised i typed them incorrectly above!

Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc6 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 256
Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc6 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 257
Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc6 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 258
Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc6 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 259
Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc7 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 261
Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc7 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 262
Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc7 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 263
Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc7 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 264

etc etc
Up to

Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc11 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 281
Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc11 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 282
Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc11 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 283
Notice: Undefined variable: testdisc11 in C:\wamp\www\OrderGenPaid.php on line 284

This now comes up for all Generate order options. However both Excel exports seem to work, spitting out the .csv

Only other problem im having is that if the customer fills out their order details, the email address doesn't seem to come through on the PDF orders? Is it easy to enable this or should i direct them to fill their email details in address line#4?

Thanks Neil

Graham Taylor
10-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi Neil
I dont actually use this function with EV as I supply a simple order form for the customer to write the image numbers on. Once printed the form with all my contact details on is bagged with the print and handed to the customer. To resove your issue I would suggest Mike is the one to contact. He seems to be faily occupied re-doing the front end of the site so maybe drop him a PM or email. I think we would all be grateful once the issue has been resolved if you would post the solution here.

BTW welcome to EPS :D

Mike Weeks
10-08-2010, 09:29 AM
As soon as I get a chance I will download the versions you have mentioned and see if I can trace the fault - looks similar to something else that I had to correct.

Earlier version of WAMP will probably not throw the errors due to changes in PHP.

Mike

Neil Thompson
10-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi Graham and Mike
Thanks very much for the replies :D

Ill try out an earlier version of WAMP and see how it goes.

Still undecided on wether to require customer input or not as it will slow things down i suppose at the stations.

If they remember their order No. it should be handy to take the money and print and any offsite product they can fill in the form.

Thanks for the info and ill try a couple of variations and see what works :)

Neil

RobMarsh
10-08-2010, 02:22 PM
I do wonder if the problem might be to do with WAMP and the later versions not having the PDF compatability.

I know Mike is aware of that problem, as he and I had discussed it in the past

Neil Thompson
12-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Just an update on this

Tried different versions of both WAMP and Jalbum but it hasnt cleared the error lines.

However as far as i can make out, everything seems to work ok.

I had auto generate PDF orders turned on so when i hit the Generate buttons i didnt see any change. Now that i have it switched off, when i press generate, all my PDF's appear :oops:. I still get the error lines but it doesnt seem to affect anything. :)

Only thing i have issue with is the Email on the customer form.
Is it possible to change the title of the "Address line #4" to read "Email" without messing up too many other bits of code?

Just need to figure out how to set up the Wyse units now instead of my laptop and get some printing workflow from the order folders.

Thanks Neil

Graham Taylor
12-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Just an update on this

Tried different versions of both WAMP and Jalbum but it hasnt cleared the error lines.

However as far as i can make out, everything seems to work ok.

I had auto generate PDF orders turned on so when i hit the Generate buttons i didnt see any change. Now that i have it switched off, when i press generate, all my PDF's appear :oops:. I still get the error lines but it doesnt seem to affect anything. :)

Only thing i have issue with is the Email on the customer form.
Is it possible to change the title of the "Address line #4" to read "Email" without messing up too many other bits of code?

Just need to figure out how to set up the Wyse units now instead of my laptop and get some printing workflow from the order folders.

Thanks Neil

You should be able to change the coding yourself if you can locate the file. Just open the file in a text editor(notepad or similar) and change/add the detail you want.

Setting up Wyse units is fairly easy providing they are not locked! Just ensure they have IE installed and allocate each one an ip address ie 192.168.1.10 next one could be 192.168.1.20 etc assuming your main server is 192.168.1.1

Neil Thompson
12-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Good stuff ill have a look at the code and see if i can find anything.

Im not sure what way my Wyse units are, the seller told me they were re-imaged, but i couldnt find any IE on them.

Posted a reply to similar issue in the computer section :D

Cheers Neil

andy scothern
12-08-2010, 10:41 AM
HI Nick

What model are the wyse units older ones are not windows CE so no good for EV.

Andy