Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Hiti 510s marking prints [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hiti 510s marking prints

Conor Heffernan
02-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone might have come across this issue and found a resolution. When the printer prints, the photo comes out with a line scored down the left hand side of the print. It is about half an inch in, but stops about half an inch from each end. It's like the print is rubbing against something as it moves in and out while printing. because I live in Ireland shipping it back to system insight is proving to be very difficult and probably expensive so I was hoping to get some help on here... thanks in advance,Conor.

Mark Amies
02-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I would image it is a foreign body taht has got caught in the workings, or it is a issue with the media.

ian griffiths
02-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Sounds like either the head needs cleaning (Read owners manual FIRST if you've not done it before)

If cleaning the head doesn't fix it then it may be the head has failed.

Mark Amies
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
How long have you had it ,and how many prints have you put through it?

Conor Heffernan
03-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I've had it about 10 months,and put about 1200 prints through it. I don't think it's the head because the print is actually fine, it's just being marked or scored ever so slightly as it comes out. The mark doesn't run the full length of the print.I have spoken with Steve from System insight where I bought the printer and following his instructions, cleaned the head but it didn't solve it. It's not a media issue as I've tried it with 3 different rolls and cartridges at this stage.It's a shame because the print quality from the hiTi is really fantastic, but that is voided when it damages the prints as they come out.The mark is hard to see, you have to tilt the photo in the light to make it out,so I reckon it is something that's rubbing against the print as it is finally fed out onto the tray.

Mike Weeks
03-08-2010, 12:02 PM
It is less than 12 months old and being sold as a professional piece of kit so I am sure the dealer has an obligation to get the issue resolved to your satisfaction. There is only so much you can do via telephone/email/forum and all that is left is a visit to the supplier which I am sure Stuart will have no problem with to get you back up and working.

Things go wrong with equipments and they have obviously tried to help so far. If it were a Mitsubishi or a DNP there would be a lot more users on here to help but to the best of my knowledge we only have a couple of HiTi 510 users so your problem has probably not been seen by anybody else on here.

Mike

Stuart Morley
03-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Update:

Customer spoken with yesterday and today and organised getting it back to us.

Printer is under warranty and will be repaired by us (usually by return). Haven't had this issue before to be honest which is strange as we have had this with other printers.

The customer would have had a replacement printer (at no charge) had he been a pro-support customer but I am sure we can arrange a quick turn around for him.

HiTi have always been our most reliable brand of equipment since 2004. I am surprised Mike, that more people on the forum don't have P510's as it's been our best seller by a factor of 2:1 over the nearest competitor (Mitsubishi) over the last year.

Stu

http://www.systeminsight.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Weeks
04-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I am surprised Mike, that more people on the forum don't have P510's as it's been our best seller by a factor of 2:1 over the nearest competitor (Mitsubishi) over the last year.

Stuart,

maybe if you told them about the forum we would see more of them ;-)

Mike

Ed Brown
05-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Looks like everyone knows about it now, what do people think of this printer, I would be interested to know

Conor Heffernan
05-08-2010, 10:43 AM
I've sent the printer off to Stuart and the team so hopefully I'll get a quick turnaround and satisfactory resolution to the problem and I'll report back here. What I can say about the HiTi printer (510s) is that It's a really excellent piece of kit. As soon as I had it set up it produced really fantastic vibrant prints.It has been totally reliable and easy to use and has never let me down in the 10 months I've owned it. Customers are constantly remarking on how good the print quality is. I know a fair bit about profiling and printing and with the Hi Ti, I didn't even have to get a profile made.I print straight from Lightroom and even with an uncalibrated laptop screen, what i see is what i get. I would highly recommend this printer to anyone who is looking for extremely high quality 9x6 prints. My only regret is that HiTi don't make an 8x12 printer or i would have bought it already to match up with the P510s. Buy this product with EXTREME confidence. my guess is that problem I'm having with the prints being marked as they are ejected is a very minor one that will be easily fixed. I'd also like to compliment the team at System insight who all have been very helpful and professional and a pleasure to deal with. Conor.

Mark Amies
06-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Just been looking through your Flickr pages Connor, so nice stuff there, especially your landscapes.

How is the Event Photography scene in your area?

Stuart Morley
10-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Update:

Printer arrived late on Friday.

Our engineer looked at it on Monday and when I checked the progress this morning (Tues) I was informed that it was shipped back to the customer yesterday.

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk)

Conor Heffernan
14-08-2010, 01:07 PM
A big thanks to Stuart and Steve at system insight.The printer was back with me in record time and the guys couldn't have been more reassuring and helpful. The printer is once again producing beautiful prints and again, i can highly recommend the hiTi brand.
Thanks for the compliment on my Flickr site Mark. I was doing fairly ok with the events up till recently, nothing big, mostly covering parties and balls in one of the local hotels. But the month of July was disastrous, 4 of my events, with 200 people at each and i didn't sell one photograph!! So things in my area are very up and down!
I've only turned pro within the last year, concentrating on the event stuff and also weddings & portraits and it has been tough going. But I'll keep persevering. My website should be ready soon and hopefully I can then up my advertising and see a return in bookings. Here are links to my face book pages for the events and the weddings for anyone who is interested. Weddings & Portraits: http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/?a ... 0034385364 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/?act=53810127#!/pages/Kelevra-Imaging/190034385364)" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Events: http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/?a ... 0114464733 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/?act=53810127#!/pages/K1-Event-Photograpy/122440114464733)" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't post much on here but i read a lot and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the members for all the knowledge they have shared.It's great to have access to all this experience.
I'll keep pluigging away and maybe someday i'll have some words of wisdom myself tha might help someone. Thanks angain to everyone,Conor.

ian bonthrone
14-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Well done SI
Just the turn round that Event Photographers need when they have a printer problem.