Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP profiles [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP profiles

Graham Taylor
27-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Been having an issue with profiles with my DS80, even had a custom profile from Pure Profiles but just couldnt get a decent print out of the machine. On Mikes suggestion I deleted the current driver and re-installed an old one and BINGO! Print was slightly light but ok and certainly usable, even the Pure Profile was ok (slightly darker). Anyone else had this problem? if so try rolling back the driver.BTW the laptop used for this is running XP.

Now secon problem is to get CS2 to read the re-installed profile but if I go to File/Print with Preview I cannot see the original profile only the custom Pure Profile. Anyone have any idea's for this?

Alan Warner
27-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi Graham,

Currently using the latest driver & Profile with excellent results, if any thing better than v1 driver/profile,

What software you using ?

Al'

Graham Taylor
27-07-2010, 12:19 PM
ED Core v9

Graham Taylor
27-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Sorted, thanks Al & Mike.

john christopher
06-10-2010, 11:25 PM
So pray tell, what was the fix?

Steph

Alan Warner
06-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi John

Normally the ICC profile is being used on the output image twice

Once by Darkroom & Once by windows

Fix: is to delete the ICC in the windows driver and only use it in the ED printer setup

Al'

Michael Martin
07-10-2010, 07:49 AM
You would think in this day and age that software would talk to each other and be able to recognise that the profile one is trying to attach is already attached.

I know this a common problem though, trying to apply it twice, no matter which platform you are working on.

Duncan Harris
07-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi John

Normally the ICC profile is being used on the output image twice

Once by Darkroom & Once by windows

Fix: is to delete the ICC in the windows driver and only use it in the ED printer setup

Al'

Interesting, years back I tested this with my mits with and without as wandered if it would apply twice and it didn't seem to. In Windows (xp/mits driver) there is an option "automatic" or "manual" select, don't know if that setting would make a difference.

Time to check again me thinks, cheers for the heads up (oh we get more american every day)

john christopher
07-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Alan

I assume that if you did it the other way round (ie: delete the ICC profile from ED instead of XP) that it would still work? But we all know where assumption can get you!!!!!

Steph

Alan Warner
08-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Hi John,

Been a few years since I tried it, an TBH i cant remember,

However this is Recommended the way ED themselves set up the ICC profiles, & it works,

its a pain if you print from another program though ie photoshop

but it is easy to just install the printer again into a different USB port & have 1 port for ED & 1 for PS with icc

I actually do this with my DNP's & 9x6 / 6x4 saves me adjusting the settings I just change the media, and use a particular usb socket

Al'