Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP DS 40 delay with mac and Lightroom ? [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP DS 40 delay with mac and Lightroom ?

Ian McGirr
26-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi folks

Anybody using the DNP DS40 with a mac and Lightroom ?
When I use the DS40 with PC and ED Darkroom, near instant prints.
When I use it with mac and Lightroom the first print can take up to 5 mins to send to print, therafter within 10-15 seconds.
Seems to happen every time, meaning I have to do a test print before I start in earnest.
I've tried various strategies, i.e. booting up with the printer on, attaching the printer after boot up etc etc.
However, if i have printed beforehand and then turn the printer off or disconnect the USB, then re-connect, the print is fairly instant.
Any ideas ??

PS. Printer while waiting to print says, sending print information (so obviously connected)

Alan Warner
26-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi Ian,

Have you checked the output settings of lightroom,

you may have to convert or re-size the images before exporting them, my Fujihunt rip refuses to accept images from LR so I have to use PS...

Al'

Mark Amies
27-07-2010, 08:19 AM
I am not a tech whizz, but my first assumption ( or guess!) is that th edelay is to do with software process lag times.

Of course if this becomes a big issue, then do drop me an email to work ( mark@photomart.co.uk) , with the entire problem, and I wil pass it to our tech man.