Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Cast your eyes down [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cast your eyes down

Mark Amies
09-06-2009, 06:05 AM
Please, has anyone seen that there is in fact sections below which are about printer brands?

Are we to believe that the only printer brands being used by EPS members are just Mitsubishi, HiTi, Citizen and Olmec? They are the only brands to get mentioned, but I am sure that there are Kodak ,Sony, and Fuji owners out there. If only to say hello :)

Paul Smith
09-06-2009, 07:38 AM
i have said hello in the Sony section, but as it works there's little to waffle on about

Mike Weeks
09-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Paul,

I think what Mark is getting at is that Photomart / System Insight et al have obviously sold these brands and yet of the 230+ people signed to the forum nobody has admitted to owning them. It is always good for other potential buyers to be able to get actual user experience as opposed to glossy sales material and as the 3 distributors that I am aware of are all London or further south it is a long journey for some to visit a showroom and see the actual models.
If anybody has a machine that has not been reviewed on here before I would be really happy to see a write up.

Mike

Mark Amies
09-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Yes Paul, that is waht I meant . I would hate to think that it was only for people to report problems- God forbid. :D

The printer section should ideally in my mind be a source of information for all, on all levels.

I realise that Mitsubishi is very widely used, and it is not a criticism, but I would loike to see some representation from other users of other brands, if only to maintain some balance.

:diff:

Mike Weeks
09-06-2009, 08:16 AM
One of the other things that may be good to do is have a list of users for a particular machine although not here in the public part of the forum. My reason is that many event photographers do not run large operations and if you know that xyz photographer has a particular machine and you run out of media you can help each other out. Its great to be able to plan but what happens when you pick up an extra job on the friday where you sell a lot and then leave yourself short for the weekend? Obviously if you live close to a dealer this is less of an issue.

Mike

john christopher
12-06-2009, 11:05 PM
I use a Copal 1500 DBP dye sub printer. Apart from the issue that the ink sheet keeps of tearing at the end of the roll (say the last 100 prints), it's a great printer. So here's one for Copal. I know at least two other photographers who share the same piece of equipment. So now I'm in good company. It's great to be alive.

BTW: Mike's suggestion of an equipment register is a excellent idea. As long as everyone as all their ducks in a row, as regards proper insurance.