Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Can this be achieved [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Can this be achieved

Ed Brown
14-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi there

having read the way the critiques are going I can see handbags at noon sometime soon.

Having mentioned this months and months ago is anything like www.nfolio.net (http://www.nfolio.net) possible?? or a flikr group or something where you can put more info and constructive points accross that are only relevant to that one image?

just a thought

Mike Weeks
14-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Ed,

there is definitely free gallery software out there - need to look at what would integrate with the site.

Mike

Ed Brown
14-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Good, I feel that this will work.

No point in having 100 pages of tit-for tat!!

Lets be constructive.

People dont post images because they think they are awful - yes they may want to improve but they want to share experiences and discuss techniques etc.

I am a member of the MPA and its a great place with a very traditional outlook on photography.

I know people knock it but it works - the difference is here is we have a chance to make everyone sit up and take notice.

Work together not against, too many people are straight on the negative without reason most of the time.

Positive, constructive - use the sandwich technique, if you dont know what that is I suggest you learn it quick.

Come on and lets do it!
:puter:

Andy Haynes
14-07-2010, 06:05 PM
I think a Flickr group would be an excellent idea. It might help raise the profile of the EPS a bit, and get some of the work out there, in the same way as the exhibition hopefully will. There are actually already a few event photography flickr groups, but they all seem pretty old and dormant.

Ed Brown
14-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Lets get on it!!!!

Make sure people's is on the images

can someone do this?

Bryan Osborne
14-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Of course expanding on this is the concept of having an EPS Photo Agency where members can post their best work for sale and the EPS approaches the potential customers etc, etc.. A percentage of proceeds can go to the EPS "fund?"

This way the EPS Gets GREAT PR and Profile and Gold Members get a route to market and a portfolio associated with the EPS that they can use constructivley to develop their own business. It doesn't really matter how much this earns you in cash, the displayed "colllective" nature of our society and the portfolio will both earn you credibility and therefore opportunity.

Oh, b***ocks there is another idea

:omy: :omy: :omy: :omy: