Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
For Critique [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : For Critique

ian griffiths
12-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Great to see an old name back!

ian griffiths
13-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Subject line corrected.

Mike Weeks
13-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Ian,

a diifficult one as we do not have somebody in place that I would class as having the requisite experience for this subject matter at present, however from a personal stand point I find it hard to find fault and so what I have to say I feel is more about other ways that the shot could have been executed and I dont claim to be an expert.

1. Potentially there could be somewhat more background blur by using a lower shutter speed but if the purpose of the image was for Santander then that would be the wrong answer.

2. There is scope for the car to be slightly further (a smidgen at most) to the right in the frame but most certainly not further to the left.

3. Last point is that if you were able to be lower down it would have given the appearance of less tarmac in the image but reality says that that was most unlikely.

The real question is whether you were in the pit lane selling these to the drivers? In which case do you need an assistant next year.

Mike

CarlEOgden
13-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Being really picky but:-

It might be your hosting or resizing but to me looks slightly out of focus in areas, such as the front wing, and the large lotus logo.

The horizon is slightly out and could move ever so slightly down on the left side compared to the right side.

Personally, it doesn't wow me (I prefer corner shots than side on!)! It's just a good photo! And true, nice to see Lotus back in F1 and hope they go good against the big boys in months to come!

Agree with Mike as wel on his points!

Carl.

ian griffiths
13-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Car and text is pin sharp.

It had to be a panning shot with the logo in the background, briefs have to be adhered to!

Mike Weeks
13-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Car and text is pin sharp.

Ian,

this something is not helped by the image size that you have to post here and then losses from rsizing and JPEG - bigger server and full sized images may be a bit costly.

Mike

ian griffiths
13-07-2010, 12:56 PM
I guess we only "have what we have" and would always want more regardless!

Thanks for clarifying, it does look a bit soft on here.

Mark Amies
19-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Well, I like it!!

Mind the subject is what makes it for me.