Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Swapping paper roll on DS40 [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Swapping paper roll on DS40

Scott Kirk-Matthewson
09-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Hi all,
I have a prom tonight,and hating to waste any paper I am curious, I have 60 prints left (according to printer driver)
Will swapping the roll now cause me to lose those 60 prints? or can I just keep the remains and put them in at another date?

I just hate the thought of having to change roll half way through a function!!

Alan Warner
09-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Will swapping the roll now cause me to lose those 60 prints? or can I just keep the remains and put them in at another date?

No prints will be lost & yes you can replace and use the 60 at a later date..

Al

Scott Kirk-Matthewson
09-07-2010, 02:51 PM
sweet, cheers alan

Mark Amies
09-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Alan is right - naturally! Get some big clear plastic bags and putthe ribbon in one , the paper roll in the other- mark them us with labels so you know what they are later. Do not reuse bags more than once or twice - as you do not want to get dirt in there.

Scott Kirk-Matthewson
09-07-2010, 11:28 PM
well as they say the best laid plans......

I left tonight with plenty of time to get there with about 1 1/2 hrs to set up.
until I met the hideous friday afternoon traffic!

as such completely slipped my mind until my assistant shouted- the printers stopped working!

aah well, first time i've done a ribbon & paper change, with a crowd wathcing!!

Alan Warner
10-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Bummer !

I forgot to mention every time you change paper printer spits out a few pieces of paper,

these pieces are not counted in your media count (extra paper is provides on the paper rolls to account for paper removal ect)

The actual prints are monitored by the print media ribbon so don't wind it too far the wrong way when packing into the antistatic bag, as you may loose the odd one.

Al'