Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Couple of questions [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

Graham Taylor
08-07-2010, 10:20 PM
1. When using multi folders, selecting the "UP" button returns the viewer to the main screen so does the same function as "Home" or "New User" button (Which is a simple refresh". I believed the "Up" option should return the viewer to previous level.

2.Problem using IE8 and setting to full screen or f11. If the mouse curser strays to the top of the screen the top bar of IE pops up (or down, whichever way you want to call it!). I remember when using Wyse units there was an option to set this so it ran in full screen only. I'm now using Dell Optiplex's with XP so is it possible to set IE in full screen without the top bar popping up whenever the curser hits it?

Simon Wilson
09-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Great point Graham, I would also like to see the 'UP' button take you back up to the previous viewing screen.

We have just installed WAMP 2.0i and Jalbum 8.9.1 on a Windowz 7 machine....The processor is the new I3 .....All appears to be well at the moment....Proof of the pudding will be using it at a live event this weekend.

Simon

Mike Weeks
09-07-2010, 03:40 PM
1. When using multi folders, selecting the "UP" button returns the viewer to the main screen so does the same function as "Home" or "New User" button (Which is a simple refresh". I believed the "Up" option should return the viewer to previous level.

I need to check this out

2.Problem using IE8 and setting to full screen or f11. If the mouse curser strays to the top of the screen the top bar of IE pops up (or down, whichever way you want to call it!). I remember when using Wyse units there was an option to set this so it ran in full screen only. I'm now using Dell Optiplex's with XP so is it possible to set IE in full screen without the top bar popping up whenever the curser hits it?

This may be something new in IE8 which I need to check.

Mike

Graham Taylor
10-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Just double checked and VS's are using IE6 not IE8 if it makes any difference.

Graham Taylor
17-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Mike
Any update with "UP" function?

Regarding the IE issue and using full screen, that is now resolved by downloading Firefox and installing their add-on Real kiosk. FF is now set to open full screen with EV. This is far easier than trying to setup IE into kiosk mode.

john christopher
17-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Graham

Any chance you could give Andy a bell and explain what you've done because this has gone right over my head.

Respect

Steph

Graham Taylor
17-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Read this
http://samanathon.com/firefox-2s-kiosk-mode/