Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
BSJA AREA SHOW this weekend [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : BSJA AREA SHOW this weekend

Peter Martin-Turner
05-07-2010, 10:14 AM
PMT_5593-1.JPG

Just a picture I like, last class of the day 1.10m, nothing special, no great height.

Not even sure the rider looked at it.

Any comments?

Peter Martin-Turner
05-07-2010, 10:16 AM
PMT_5599.JPG

same rider, from the front

antonydecsernatony
05-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Yea nice arse :D

antonydecsernatony
05-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Personally I prefer the second image , not keen on the Horse facing away from the camera... also drawn to the coloured horse in the background... but isn't there always :D

Peter Martin-Turner
05-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Yea nice arse :D

Horse or rider? Being a dentist I don't suppose you get to look at the rear very often...
:omy:

antonydecsernatony
05-07-2010, 03:33 PM
I try and avoid the rear end ...

Do you sell plenty like the first image ?

Peter Martin-Turner
05-07-2010, 03:58 PM
We do plus lots of other angles. It's all about choice. That type of shot is a Marmite with riders, they either love it or hate it.

Why do so many equine photographers limit themselves to one or two jumps per rider per round? I just don't get it.

Mike Weeks
05-07-2010, 04:57 PM
to my mind the horse looks equally as good in the first as in the second and as that is what is important to most riders then it is a saleable shot - and that is what counts.

Mike

Peter Martin-Turner
05-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Oddly enough having seen several hundred of my images from this weeks 3 day show on Facebook today I have now made the decision to remove all my BSJA galleries from public viewing and now require registration of name, address and email address before I supply a gallery url that I will change every 7 days.

My campaign against the Facebook shoplifters enters another phase.

john christopher
05-07-2010, 11:28 PM
At long last Jay Lo has got some competition.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CarlEOgden
06-07-2010, 07:51 AM

I shoot Motocross and have the same issues, it's also funny reading biking forums where they are happy to slate the thieving scum (and they are!) that robs bikes n stuff but don't give thieving images a second thought!

As I don't print onsite, just off my website, I have the flexibility to stop taking photos of those that regularly steal from me and exclude them!

Carl.

antonydecsernatony
06-07-2010, 08:15 AM
:omy:

Paul Smith
06-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Oddly enough having seen several hundred of my images from this weeks 3 day show on Facebook today I have now made the decision to remove all my BSJA galleries from public viewing and now require registration of name, address and email address before I supply a gallery url that I will change every 7 days.

This is what I get from my customers - recieved this morning

Hello, I was wondering if you offered the possibility of buying a low resolution photo to be uploaded on facebook? I do love your photos but sadly can't justify buying all of them!

Bryan Osborne
06-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Bin considering registration to view sales galleries for some time, I think it is possibly the better way to secure the images if those viewing are aware you have their details and if images suddenly appear like poppies everywhere you can issue a short "comment" to the registrants!

Paul Smith
06-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I know another equine company that requires you to acknoledge a set of T&C before you get to see the galleries, but I think registering to view could loose you more customers in the long run

Les Perry
06-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Thought you could report misuse of images to facebook and get them to remove them

Mike Weeks
06-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Thought you could report misuse of images to facebook and get them to remove them

keithjack
01-08-2010, 11:23 AM
First picture wouldnt do anything for the sales, second picture is solid enough.

I read the post on Horse & Hound and found it very informative, personally if people say to me they would love all their pictures but couldnt buy them all, they dont really want them and they wont see them on the web from my site.

Dave Didcote
08-01-2011, 04:08 PM

The problem with facebook dont forget they own all rights to do as they please to any photos you upload to them, i wouldnt upload any photos i want to sell or for clients etc.