Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Annoying Printer Issues [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Printer Issues

gary evans
01-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I had two printers running yesterday - a HiTi 730PS and Mits 3800 and found that when swapping between the two they kept defaulting back to factory settings.

I could print 20 7x5 images great on the HiTi and then one on the Mits and when going back to the HiTi it had defaulted back to 6x4 and had to be reset. In the same vein I could do a huge print run of 12x8's on the Mits with no issues, one print on the HiTi and the Mits had reset itself to 10x8. Friggin' annoying when we produced the best part of 200 prints during the day and customers kept swapping sizes.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this? Incidentally the Mits also does this when connected to my desktop office computer.

Jeremy Nako
01-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi Gary

You need to set the default paper size in the Windows driver, accessed through the Windows Control Panel.

If you set this elsewhere (i.e. on the fly) Windows assumes it's a temporary setting.

Make sure you hit 'Apply' (sorry, but I've forgotten on many occasions !).

J

gary evans
01-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Cheers Jeremy for posting, but I'm afraid that isnt the answer as both Windows settings are for the sizes I want from each printer. Its as if something is over-riding this.

Mark Amies
01-06-2009, 02:28 PM
This is why this site is good. Did you get it sorted Gary?

gary evans
01-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Still joy, cheers for the call Jeremy.

Decided to uninstall and then reinstall. Set paper size to 12x8 in Windows thru' the control panel, paper size as 12x8 in photoshop. Hit print button and waited. Out pops a 10x8 :roll:

Double checked everything and this £1800 paperweight is producing images in the wrong size. :twisted: :twisted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Smith
01-06-2009, 10:13 PM
doesnt explain th hiti

did u get my voicemail

Graham Russell
01-06-2009, 11:08 PM
If you are printing from Photoshop then you will need to check the printer settings within Photoshop before printing. PS overrides the default printer settings.

I find printing from PS a real pain.

If you've not come across it I can highly recommend Qimage. I use it loads for printing to my dye-subs (Citizen and Mitsi 3800) when I'm at home and to my Canon 9550 inkjet. It fully understands colour profiles and remembers different printer settings.

Graham

Mark Amies
02-06-2009, 06:02 AM
Gary - shall we see if we can get this one nailed? Please drop me a line at work, and I wil get technical on to it, and if that fails then we need to get Mitsubishi on to it.