Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Mits 3800 and DNP DS 40 compatability issue? [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Mits 3800 and DNP DS 40 compatability issue?

gary evans
24-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I have the two printers in the thread title installed on my laptop but seem unable to have a happy marriage between them.

I can print with one printer all day long with no issues, for example I can print dozens of 8x6 on the DS40 quite happily, but as soon as I use the Mits for a print the DS40 fefaults to 6x4 even though all the drivers are saying its set to do 8x6.

Only turning both printers off and then just the DS40 back on solves the problem.

Conversely I can do a lot of 12x8 on the MIts OK but use teh DS40 and then I get 8x8 from the Mits. Drivers are still set to 12x8

Again only switching off and on again sorts this out.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both printers and this doesnt solve the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here?

Mark Amies
24-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Rememebr that song by 'Sparks' Gary?

This town ain't big enough for the two of us................. Maybe they don't like each other.

Seriously , I don't know why you are having this issue Gary

Alan Warner
24-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Is this happening in windows or your print software ?

if so what print software are you using ?

Al'

gary evans
24-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Sorted, thanks to Mikes phone call.

If you have one of these printers then you need to set the print size twice in the drivers - did you know that? I didnt.

Still, all is OK now

Alan Warner
25-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Same as Mitsubishi Gary ;-)

Alan

Gareth Jones
26-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Any chance of being a bot more specific here. I can only find one place to set the print size in the Mits driver, and that's under advanced options - where's the second??

Gareth

Graham Taylor
30-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Any chance of being a bot more specific here. I can only find one place to set the print size in the Mits driver, and that's under advanced options - where's the second??

Gareth

In Windows/control panel/printers & faxes.

Mike Weeks
30-05-2010, 04:30 PM
From Start, Settings, Printers double click on the printer then from the Printer menu select Properties.

If you go to the General tab, click on printing preferences and then on the layout tab click advanced you will find one setting, set and click OK - next Paper/Quality tab and click advanced and set size and click OK and then click OK on the printing prefernces.
Next select the Advanced tab of the properties control panel, click on printing defaults and in the layout tab click on advanced and set the size and click OK, select the Paper/Quality tab and click on Advanced and set the paper size and click OK, click OK on the printing defaults and then click OK on the Printer Properties.

That should set everything.

Mike

Alan Warner
30-05-2010, 04:34 PM
I'd like to add that if using Express Digital Darkroom the same has so be done from within Darkroom as well,

Alan