Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP DS40/80 Print counter & matt finish firmware [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP DS40/80 Print counter & matt finish firmware

Alan Warner
18-05-2010, 07:11 AM
DNP appear to have this sorted for their DS80/40

with a Printer Display Status Tool & addition matt printing in their newest firmware !

I have to say hats off to Photomart for their new DNP resource page :D

http://www.photomart.co.uk/content/cont ... phome.html (http://www.photomart.co.uk/content/contentextra/dnp/dnphome.html)"

I have not tested any of the software below, so please add findings...

Al

Mike Weeks
18-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Just read the status tool instructions and looks like something really useful - would love to see it as part of the driver but certainly not complaining. Definitely the sort of information you would love to have available for all printers.

Hopefully I will get a chance to try out the Matte as well.

Mike

Alan Warner
18-05-2010, 07:44 AM
I'd guess its a safe option whilst they develop into the driver at a later date,

really nice to know they have listened though ! :D

Alan

Mike Weeks
18-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Alan,

being able to chat socially with the European Rep and his Boss during Focus I was able to pass on general comments about Dye Subs and DNP in particular. I had already been made aware that this data was available in their workshop tools so I explained the benefits of photographers having this data available and they agreed that they would investigate.

The matte finish is something that I know that a lot of printer manufacturers have looked at after Sony took the lead.

I also raised some other points with them which I know will take longer if possible so we will have to wait and see what the future brings.

Mike

Alan Warner
18-05-2010, 07:53 AM
TBH

I don't think he saw the need but an ear bashing from Yourself and present company kicked butt....

follow that one Mitsubishi !

Alan

Mark Amies
18-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Well done for seeing that Alan, I have to admit you caught me out- I should have highlighted this earlier.

:oops:

Sorry.

Scott Kirk-Matthewson
26-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Little baffled- does this mean that the images will have a matte finish- better for framing, or am I missing something?

Alan Warner
26-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Little baffled- does this mean that the images will have a matte finish- better for framing, or am I missing something?

TBH "matt' finish is an over description & should loosely be described as a less shiny finish as an alternative to the normal gloss...

Al'