Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Hiti 730ps and colourmomki photo. [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hiti 730ps and colourmomki photo.

Andy McAllan
09-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Delighted to have found this forum and I hope I can contribute some useful stuff.

I wonder if anyone could tell me if they have found a workaround that would allow me to use a colourmomki with my 730ps.
I have an opportunity to buy one at a good price

tony mccawley
09-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Be-aware the colour monki photo will only work with printers that can print to A4. I found this out after i purchased mine , i use a Hiti 510, great for calibrating my monitor, but no good for calibrating to printer..

Tony

Mike Weeks
09-05-2010, 05:20 PM
There is a trick that some have used of splitting the target in to 2 bits and each of these will fit onto an 8" x 6" print - never tried it personally.

Mike

Andy McAllan
09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
So no workaround then. A pity thanks Mike

Stuart Morley
09-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Are you not happy with the colours from the 730PS then?

Having supplied hundreds of these we never found it to be a real issue to be honest. The 730PS has three in built colour profiles in the printer and you can switch between them.

The default one is very good but some 730PS had a different profile configured (although not many)

Give me a call if you want further details

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk)

gary evans
09-05-2010, 06:52 PM
I agree with Stuart, never felt the need to change anything with the 730PS

Mike Weeks
09-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Colour Confidence are the official UK suppliers so I would call them and ask as they were talking about support for smaler than A4 paper in 2008.

Mike

Andy McAllan
09-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks guys. Most appreciated. I have been printing from my MacBook which has a calibrated screen (spyder2) and the yellows are awful.

Simon Wilson
09-05-2010, 08:54 PM
There is a work round with the ColourMunki.... You just have to resize the o/p to suit the media you are using...I Had the same issue when I tried to profile my 9550 Mitsy.

I cannot recall the specific name of the resizing option....maybe re-scalling or something along those lines....But when you do the rescan using the munki to create the second sample....Be careful....make sure the sensor only covers the correct strip...The problem is that the printed color chart for rescanning is much smaller than the A4 size making the width to scan much smaller , it is easy to miss the correct lines of colour.

I think the re-sized percentage I used was 55% for 8x6 or 9x6 media...Much more difficult with the smaller media types.

It is difficult but not impossible.

Good Luck

Simon

Bryan Osborne
10-05-2010, 04:49 PM
It really isnt worth messing around with profiling there are a host of people out there who will process your test charts and simply email you the resultant profile. I use Pure Profiles in Bournemouth it cost 13 a pop using paypal or your credit card, download the charts and run them send them in and the profile is back inside three days! TWO 6x8 PRINT SALES!

I used them to colour profile an olmec 1000, fuji Ask 2000 and a Sony DR 150. Colour fidelity is now pretty well consistent over the three printers, the difference being the whiteness of the receiver paper in the print "set!"

Cheers

Bryan

Andy McAllan
10-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all the tips and help, really appreciated. I received my second 730ps today and have installed this one on a windows xp machine to see if the software worked better on a pc.

I still seem to have colour mismatch problems. I really dont mind spending time tweaking but I do mind using up paper and ribbon.
Maybe I am expecting to much.

Andy

Bryan Osborne
10-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Do get them progiled the difference is significant! With a calibrated and profiled monitor your system will be consistently good right off the bat and your work will always be fit for purpose! :cam:

:cam: :cam:

Adrian Turner
10-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Resize the output to 80% for printing target on 9x6 or 8x6. Provideing your driver allows output resizing.