Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Thoughts? [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

Mark Amies
20-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Any thoughts, comments?

steph burnett
09-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Hey Mark!! what I'm I thinking or commenting on???

Graham Russell
09-06-2009, 09:19 AM
I use the Citizen CW-01 for both 9x6s and 7x5. Previously I had a Mitsi 9550. The Citizen is much faster at getting prints out and very importantly (for me at least) the supplied colour profile is very good. Out the box this produces great quality prints.

I was never happy with the colours produced by the 9550. The supplied colour profile is horrible so I had a custom profile made.

I also use a Mitsi 3800 which is made by Citizen so I guess it is worthy of a mention in this section. This also has a great colour profile. Prints from this and the CW-01 look identical. I am very fussy about colour quality and both these printers meet my expectations with the supplied profiles.

I hope this helps

Graham

DavidJones
01-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi Mark,

Like Graham, I have the Citizen CW-01. I'm new to Event Photography so have no other experience to go on and I've only put 3 rolls through it. But so far so good. Very pleased with speed and the vibrant colours. I thought I would have to play around quite a bit to get it working well but I've developed a workflow using Lightroom which just works without hassle. About the only issue I ever have is not the printer, but Vista. Because the CW01 is not permanently switched on, I often find that when I do switch it on, Vista detects it and decides to add it as a new printer with CW (Copy 1, 2 etc). So my saved preset in Lightroom then has to b updated with the new printer name.

I only offer 6x4 and 9x6 which means I can just use the 6" wide roll. Using Lightroom is a breeze. It doesn't matter if I'm using RAW or JPEG, I just drop the images in to the watched folder, or structured folders if it's complicated. When a customer wants a print, I just find the image in the library, click the Print tab, select the 6x4 or 9x6 preset and hit Print One. By the time I've taken the money, the print is ready.

Hope this helps

Cheers
David Jones
Verso Photography

Mark Amies
02-07-2009, 01:14 PM
My enquiry was based on the fact that a printer section was created for most of the major dye sub brands, yet there are sections without any comments.

That is no longer the case with the Citizen , so job done!

Thanks.