Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
What Printer Drivers would you like to see [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : What Printer Drivers would you like to see

31-03-2010, 09:50 AM
As we continue to expand the site, I have been working to add printer drivers to the forums for common printers.

So my question to you all is:-
What printers are you using for events, and if the drivers are in the public domain could you give me a link to them so I can add the latest please

Thanks

Alan Warner
31-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Can we have some for the Fargo & Pebble Card Printers !

Alan

Trudy Trafford
01-04-2010, 06:18 AM
A driver for the red front mitsi CP9550DW-S would be great!!!!

:puter:

Mark Amies
01-04-2010, 08:06 AM
How do you mean Trudy? Do you mean so you can operate it with a PC?

01-04-2010, 08:26 AM
A driver for the red front mitsi CP9550DW-S would be great!!!!

:puter:

Sorry Trudy

I have been adding the one's from the Mitsi site and they don't list that one on the site. Similarly they don't have a pink priority one

simon coates
01-04-2010, 08:26 AM
How do you mean Trudy? Do you mean so you can operate it with a PC?

It would be handy so to do.....

Simon

01-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Can we have some for the Fargo & Pebble Card Printers !

Alan

Do you have a link to the manufacturer please? and model numbers, so that I can google them

Mark Amies
01-04-2010, 10:18 AM
The Pebble is made by Evolis.

Mark Amies
01-04-2010, 10:19 AM
[quote="Mark Amies":cf511ngh]How do you mean Trudy? Do you mean so you can operate it with a PC?

It would be handy so to do.....

Simon[/quote:cf511ngh]

I am sure it would be , but as it has been stated many times, the DWS machines will only work with Mitsubishi Click head units, and are not able to be used with PCs or Macs.

john christopher
01-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Mac drivers for the ALL the Copal/Fuji machines. That would be nice!

Mark Amies
01-04-2010, 03:25 PM
John there is a Mac driver for Fuji ASK2000, has been for some time now.

john christopher
01-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Mark

Read my post again. I said ALL Copal/Fuji Dye Subs printers including the old DBP 1500 ( Which I note you guys still sell brand new, well done!) as well as the brand new Fuji ASK-DBP 2500. I hear the drivers in question are at the foot of Mount Fuji waiting to be collected by someone from Photomart.

Stuart Morley
01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
What printers are you using for events, and if the drivers are in the public domain could you give me a link to them so I can add the latest please

Thanks

Surely the results from the survey will give you this information, you should be able to see exactly who is using what and therefore know what to provide.

On the other hand if people are using them then surely they don't need them :)

I guess the best place to start would be Windows 7 as people only seem to need new drivers when they upgrade their os . 64 bit drivers as well of course.

I suppose the obvious answer would be all of them :)

Stu

http://www.systeminsight.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Weeks
01-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Stuart,

I was thinking along similar lines;

printers.jpg

Looks Like the Mitsy & DNP have been done so next up should be Olmec followed by Hiti and then Sony.

Mike

Mark Amies
02-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Nice Easter present for Mitsubishi there then. Pretty much gives you a feel for things. Mind this is just those who have answered on EPS, and it is just those who are EPS members.I am very surprised to see such a huge sway to Mitsubishi ( well deserved I am sure ), and very surprised at the lack of Kodak and Fuji.

I think the results would need to be broken down a bit - in terms of which particular machines were used, age, length of useage, etc.

Interesting stuff all the same.

john christopher
02-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Dear Mr Admin

Could you please in the future refer to Copal/Fuji instead of just Fuji. It would not surprise me if at least 15% of the "others" were made up of Copal users.