Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Photomart Summer Show day [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Photomart Summer Show day

Mark Amies
12-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Keep your diary free for Thursday June 18th - this is the date of our Summer Show.

Full details wil be announced on our home page soon.

Mark Amies
14-05-2009, 06:16 AM
To add a bit of detail to this, the main components of the show day will be as follows-

1 Event Photography Seminars - one by Mike Weeks, and one by Dave Burlison. You will of course know of Mike, and if you don't know Dave, then he has a website under Burlison Photography. You may also have met him on the Photomart stand at Focus 2009, where he was with the Sony Dye Sub Printers.

2 Studio Lighting and Portrait Seminar - photographer TBA, and Bowens Equipment.

3 FujiFilm UK's John Grayston.

4 Steve from HotPress

5 Josephine Gibson from Sony UK (Photo Finishing Equipment -ie Dye Subs)

The ticket price as usual will be £50 plus Vat.

We will be having a special offer on the day too- TBA.

The Spring show was well attended, and we hope this wil be the case this time around. We are aware that Summer is a busy time for you all, and that a Thursday may be difficult - but it seems to be the least problematic day of the week.

To close - please understand this is not a training day, it is a seminar/presentation day. I have made a strong commitment to the concept that it is not going to be a heavy selling opportunity. We are however a Photographic Sales company, and as such if attendees are interested or want to buy on the day, then I and the rest of the Sales staff will be available.

Keep an eye on the Photomart homepage.

Thank you.

Mark

Graham Gott
14-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Talking of the last show day, did anyone, by any chance, receive a copy of the Green Screen Wizard Chromakey software that was (maybe) surplus to their requirements? I had planned to attend that particular show because I really wanted to trial this program in my new set-up and it would have made the day very cost effective. Unfortunately, personal circumstances made the trip impossible.

Graham

Graham Gott
18-05-2009, 05:47 AM
bump...

...did anyone, by any chance, receive a copy of the Green Screen Wizard Chromakey software that was (maybe) surplus to their requirements? Graham

Anyone?

Mark Amies
28-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Three weeks away now, so just a reminder.

We have put up the detail in a floaty yellow click box on the home page for Photomart , or quick jump to- http://www.photomartpro.co.uk/events/eventshome.html

We have a bit of revision here, as we had hoped to have Jon Gray along with Bowens, but he is on a job in Paris then. We are hoping to get a wel established guy or girl in, and if not we wil do it ourselves, as we have experienced people here withh good ability.

Obviously the attraction for you would be the presentations on Event Photography.

Tickets are selling , so don't leave it too late!!

Mark Amies
01-06-2009, 10:22 AM
As I said before tickets are selling now, interest is high.

In terms of the Portrait& Lighting section we are hoping to get along a very highly regrded guy , I spoker to Jeremy about this , and he knows of his work.

I hope to reveal his name soon. I believe if we do get him there wil be a bull rush.

Mark Amies
01-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Ok we can now reveal that we hoper to have along on the day Damian McGillicuddy to do the section on Lighting and portrait work.

Mike Weeks
01-06-2009, 02:15 PM
I have heard of Damien before but for those that have not here are some details from the SWPP website about his seminar at the SWPP this year;

Current SWPP & BPPA Glamour Photographer of the year, 5 time UK Master Photographer of the Year and holder of over 300 awards and titles for his edgy innovative photographic style; Damian McGillicuddy Lord of Kerry will be honoured to talk at the 2009 National Convention on behalf of the association he is proud to be a member of.

The photographer widely known as “The Magician” for lighting techniques that transform the everyday and ordinary into something dramatic, different and stylized may very well find himself barred from the “Magic Circle” for this talk!

Damian will give a short presentation of his unique, stylish and narrative driven imagery and then using specially prepared slides and diagrams share with you not only the concept and design of a selection of the imagery but show you EXACLTY how it was lit, with what and why it was done that way… no holds barred.

Not sure if this will work but here are some of his images (http://www.swpp.co.uk/image_exhibition/McGillicuddy0031/).

Personally I have not had the good fortune to attend one of his seminars but it looks like it could be interesting.

Mike

Mark Amies
07-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Damian is on to come, and the site link on our site has been updated. Please take a look.

mags smeaton
07-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Mark

I'm really dissapointed that I will not be able to make th summer show ... I thoroughly enjoyed the Spring show ..but I am at the beck and call of EDF energy 17th 18th & 19th June ...no not covering an event for them ....but apparently it takes them 3 days to put the electric supply into my new home & studio (which is a self build) ..
Day 1 - they dig the trench.
Day 2 - they blow the cable into the ducting which I have already laid (which is obviously an exhausing thing to do as ....
Day 3 - The install the electric meter.

Reminds me of an old joke about council employees and the number of people it takes to dig a hole ... but I must admit I don't find having to be 'on site' watching for 3 full days very funny! :shock:

Mark Amies
07-06-2009, 01:19 PM
EDF eh? Yes not exactely the most proactive and dynamic of companies.

We should have an Autumn Show - so maybe you can make it for that- as long as the water board or the gas don't beat you to it!! :rofl:

mags smeaton
07-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Mark if the build isn't finished well before the 'Autumn Show' I will be filing for divorce! My husband has promised I will be in by 3rd September ...problem is he didn't say which year!

Mark Amies
10-06-2009, 10:32 AM
We have Damian McG here today, the SWPP North London section are here, using our top showrrom fro their get together, mentoring etc.

Anyone local may fancy coming down, as Mr Taylor from SWPP has said any customers of ours who want to see a live shoot are welcome.

Mark Amies
10-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Well having spent some time talking to Damian, I think anyone who attends his seminar will find his approach quite refreshing, which will be something different. Alot can be learned.

Mark Amies
15-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Four days to go now.

There are still tickets available, please do have a look at this, it has got enormous benefit, especially if you are looking at Event Photography, or if you want to polish up on your knwoledge base.

Mark Amies
16-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Late news- We will also have Dave Simmons along to show his 'ShootnView' system - he is not a main presenter, but an exhibitor.

Mark Amies
17-06-2009, 05:59 AM
LAST DAY TO GET TICKETS - SHOW DAY TOMMOROW!

There are still a few tickets left, so do take advantage of waht we expect to be a very good show, with a great line up of guest speakers, and remember- anyone attendinding will get a FREE copy of the Green Screen Wizard Chromakey software!

Trudy Trafford
17-06-2009, 07:32 AM
hi mark,

think we can make it now, do you get the tickets from your website or do we have to email or ring you?

cheers

Mark Amies
17-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Give me a call - 0208 527 6006. Thanks

Bob Coyne
17-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Anyone driving up to this show tomorrow from the West Country, want to share transport and fuel costs, send me a PM.

Thanks

Bob

Black Tie Portraits
www.blacktieportraits.co.uk (http://www.blacktieportraits.co.uk)

Mark Amies
18-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Bob - are you coming? Did you get a ticket? :?

Bob Coyne
18-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Sorry Mark. Photographed a Ball last night & never went to bed till 3.15 am so hanging this morning. Don't think I could of stayed awake :(

Mark Amies
19-06-2009, 06:12 AM
Just to say thanks to those that came yesterday, especially Trudy and her husband. It was good to see you.

The day went well, and we got plenty of good feedback.

Another show on it's way, we should have the date on the site, but I wil post it up soon.

Trudy Trafford
19-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks Mark,

Really enjoyed the show & came away inspired and with plenty of ideas on how we can try and take our business forward (as well as with some media!).

Between both of us we saw all the presenters, the only downside for me was that you had to pick 2 out of 3!! (theres a song in there somewhere!)

Your catering man was also lovely & the food was really nice too.

Mark Amies
19-06-2009, 08:32 AM
I am glad you enjoyed it Trudy.

I wil pass on you kind comments to all involved, including George , our man with the bow tie!!