Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
This man needs a Kit Kat break!! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : This man needs a Kit Kat break!!

Bop Chodda
15-03-2010, 11:10 AM
You can't get better than this

Bryan Osborne
15-03-2010, 11:48 AM
NOW HE IS WORTH MUGGING ON THE WAY HOME!

Wonder if he is a "Fiver a Photo" man????????

:omy: :omy: :omy: :omy: :omy:

Bop Chodda
15-03-2010, 12:48 PM
I wonder where he keeps his flash guns :rofl:

steph burnett
15-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't be able to stand upright with that much kit round my neck! :lol:

Bop Chodda
15-03-2010, 01:45 PM
He needs a caddy :D

Duncan Harris
15-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Outside the Blue Mosque and on sightseeing boat in Istanbul a couple of weekends ago.

These guys kept it simple - Canon G9 and a portable dye sub. The one on the boat even had strut mounts.

I told my wife that I'll be working in London during the week this year :D

Bryan Osborne
15-03-2010, 05:59 PM
THe Istanbul thing is already here!

I was in a Soho Pub on New Years Eve a couple of years back.(pausing for applause or sniggering)

A bod came in doing instant keyrings on the L4 clear acrylic ring size, instant ring.
4! Then I find he was also doing Crefit Card Plastic ID Tags, Keys Taggs as well 4!

Returned for a bevvy about six weeks later, the landlord told me he was a regular and was taking about 1,500 out one night's work.....!

He was travelling around the West End with the kit in his car and just dropping into pubs and clubs on spec.

If you go to the Thames Between The London Eye and Tower Bridge you will see all sorts of Buskers, People dressed up in all sorts of get ups and outfits, strangely NO PHOTOGRAPHERS shooting tourists with them and producing a Sights of London Mag cover to sell to them, DDDOOOWWW! Just dun meself outa a venue!

Bryan

andrew waring
15-03-2010, 09:14 PM
I got beat to a gig recently by someone walking round with a portable dye sub printing instantly in front of the customer. Does anyone use one, have one, or know where to get them?

davidgriffiths
15-03-2010, 09:59 PM
He needs a caddy :D
Good guess - this guy used to be a regular on the pro golf circuit. It is said he used to get free ferry rides to the continent because he had relevant advertising - I guess where it showed when the tv cameras covering the golf events picked him out.

Bop Chodda
16-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi David, well he certainly deserves it carrying around that much kit.

john christopher
16-03-2010, 07:29 PM
If you look real closely the dude is shooting a Canon T90 film camera. :rofl:

I think the portable dye sub idea is a really good one. I'm going to mention this to some of my friends in South Africa and the upcoming World Cup.

jeremysutton
17-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Canon CP-780 Dye-sub 100 (with pictbridge)
Canon NB-CP2L battery 60
36 pack - 6x4ribbon & paper 14

Sell 6x4 for 5 x 36 = 180

It's paid for it's self on the first outing !!!

jeremysutton
17-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Just found another on lurking in my funny pics folder..

Bryan Osborne
17-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Good God when I started out we used to have a monkey on a rope Ahhhh don't times change. I can think of a couple of costal operations that could easily tee up off this!!!

Come on Al here's a punter ripe for a bespoke flight case???

B

Amanda Wigmore
17-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Just found another on lurking in my funny pics folder..
Amazing. Just when I think I've thought of an exciting and unique selling point, I find someone has beaten me to it!!!
x