Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Passport photo's on Picassa. [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Passport photo's on Picassa.

23-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Just wunderin is it possible to print passport size pics in Picassa, in my case (Irish) 35mm x 45mm.

Regards

John Regan

http://www.proeventphoto.ie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ian griffiths
23-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi John,

Sorry can't answer the question you asked but I will raise an issue you might want to check out.

Passport photos are only supposed to be printed on media that is accredited by the home office, you might just want to check with your supplier that theirs is accredited.

The reason this was introduced back in the 90's was because people started offering ink-jet and early dye-sub prints that faded quickly, as you know your passport is valid for 10 years so it is necessary for the image to last equally as long!

gary evans
23-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Any photographic paper can now be used.

The full government regulations are here (http://www.ips.gov.uk/cps/files/ips/live/assets/documents/photos.pdf)

Mark Amies
23-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Dye subs are now more commonly used for this job, so yeas dye subs are ok. As for inkjet , it came as a surprise to me, but apparently it's OK.

My advice is go to a good post office and get your production checked , or better still your nearest passport office.

Graham Gott
23-02-2010, 06:19 PM
As for inkjet , it came as a surprise to me, but apparently it's OK.

Inkjet became acceptable about the time the Epson R1800 first came out. I know this as I started using mine for passport prints instead of sending them to a lab. Never had any returned.

I may be wrong but I think that the problem was with scanning the image not it's longevity. So not sure if it's the original image in the passport or a scanned copy.

Graham