Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Barn doors for Elinchrom lights [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Barn doors for Elinchrom lights

Jeremy Nako
20-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm looking for a set of barn doors for my lights.

The Elinchrom versions are £125 each. I don't mind paying for quality, but that's just taking the p*ss.

So.. I'm looking for a third party supplier, mostly on Ebay.

Can anyone recommend a supplier that they've purchased from that fits Elinchrom reflectors ?

richard ham
20-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Jeremy, I can't offer any constructive advice but I can offer a warning of sorts.

I was in the same position myself. During my research I did find a web article/blog where someone claimed that the cheaper Interfit EXD200 set fitted the Elinchrom 21cm holder. I went ahead and bought one and it certainly does NOT fit.
I have some basic engineering skills myself but i couldn't adapt it to fit and stay attached.

Just incase you come across the same article.

Richie

Scott Kirk-Matthewson
20-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi Jeremy,
give http://www.foto-walser.biz/shop/Artikel/139/441/Light_control_adapter_accessoires_walimex_Barndoor s_Honeycombs_Colour_Filter_Set.htm

these a look, I bought my flashes from there 3 years ago, still going strong, owner speaks fluent english too

HTH
Scotty

richard ham
23-01-2010, 01:33 AM
Update:
After my last post, I managed to find my trusty Dremel and cut 2 small notches in my 21cm accessory holder. The interfit products now fit perfectly.

Jeremy Nako
23-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys.

As a complete fluke, I was at the house of a friend who's dad is a retired architectural photographer. He was clearing out his garage and said if there's anything I wanted to take it.

And guess what... !!! :D

gary evans
23-01-2010, 11:31 AM
He was clearing out his garage and said if there's anything I wanted to take it.

And guess what... !!! :D

You now have his car as well ...............