Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
using dnp printer with different camera brands [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : using dnp printer with different camera brands

19-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi Can anyone advise me on this. I have got an event coming up, and using 2nd photographer. My second photographer is using canon cameras where I use nikon. Due to initial profile probs with my ds40 i decided to pay for a colour profile through 'pure profiles' with photos from my nikon. Just thought, will the print quality be ok for running prints off someone using canon cameras ?

I'll be submitting this on a more general topic item as well. I would really appreciate someone's advice.

Thank you Andrew

Jeremy Nako
19-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Andrew

The print colour from the printer will be identical as it's the printer you've profiled.

However, there may be a difference in saturation or balance between the two cameras.

I've noticed differences between my Nikon models, so there's pretty much bound to be a difference between brands.

I wouldn't have thought that the difference would be enough for people to comment on at an event but I suppose it depends on what you're doing.

andrew waring
19-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Some of the bigger summer events I did last year I had Nikon, Canon and Pentax all taking photos and going through the same printers, although I could see a very slight difference in the pictures on the screen, they all printed out well because like Jeremy said the printer is calibrated/profiled and the customers didn't mind at all which camera/photographer took the picture as long as it was a nice photo at the end.

20-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for your replys. That' s all very helpful. Basically I can relax and know that apart from small differences there should be a perfectly acceptable result from different cameras. Good to know.