Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Set up help! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Set up help!

David Saunders
11-01-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm just starting to get Event Viewer up & running & have fallen at the first,
Following the instructions, have downloaded WAMP, (but the latest version as couldn't find an earlier version online if that makes a difference)
When I put it 'online', then open a browser & type http://localhost/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I don't get the the PHP index page showing, I get 'HTTP 404 not found'
More than likely something I'm doing wrong, but can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Dave

Graham Taylor
11-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Have you checked it is on line? Left click the little igloo and select "start all services" or "re-start all services" The igloo should then start to turn yellow.

David Saunders
14-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Sorry it's taken me a while to post back, but problem solved.
I was following the instructions to the letter, but didn't realise they were for a slightly older version than I was trying to run.
Now seem to have it working ok my my main computer, now just have to get the Wyse terminal set up that arrived yesterday.
So far things are looking good & easy to use, which is a real bonus for me!

RobMarsh
14-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Glad to hear you have it working (hopefully using the advice given). Look forward to a subsequent post saying you have the thintrms working and that you love the principle of it all

David Saunders
14-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Yes, sorry should've put that, got it up & running after speaking to Rob & he explained a few things to me that sorted the problems I was experiencing.
Update as soon as I get the terminal up & running. Might take a few days though, got to go & see the future inlaws for a couple of days :S
Really should also say thanks to Andy Scothern who I went to see at the weekend, he offered to show me his set up & talk me through how he works, very impressive set up & really nice guy to talk to.