Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
System Insight - Say what you mean lads! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : System Insight - Say what you mean lads!

Bill Allon_Camera Angles
07-01-2010, 01:04 PM
This is my first, and possibly only, experience with System Insight. On the 5th January I placed an internet order for a Nikon WT 4 wireless transmitter and a cloth backdrop. On the same day I got an e mail saying my order had been received, followed by another saying my order was complete. Having paid for next day delivery I eagerly awaited my purchase the next day. Nothing arrived. The day after I discovered a message from System Insight, left the previous day, asking me to phone. I did, but the person I needed to speak to hadn’t been able to get to work (something about the weather, Sothern Softie!).

Today, still no sign of my order. Rang again to be told that SI could no longer get the WT 4 from Nikon and I should try Whorehouse Express instead. What about the Order Complete message? Oh, that’s just a system generated e mail, it doesn’t mean the stuff’s been sent out. What about the backdrop? Oh, that hasn’t been sent either, we can’t get it because of the weather.
So be warned, just because it’s on the website doesn’t mean you can buy it, and if they tell you your order’s complete it doesn’t mean it’s on its way.

Trudy Trafford
07-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I have just bought one of Paul Rogers 'Pellier Noir' backdrops, cancel your cloth order & get one from him, they're ace!!

andy scothern
07-01-2010, 01:34 PM
That is not a good start for SI this year. I must admit that there website says it in stock but that is not always true. A while back I ordered some media for a dye sub it said it was in stock but it was really in stock with Fujifilm and they had to order it so I got it just over a week later. Also with SI I had some problems with some faulty media and I sent them some samples and I am still waiting to hear back from them 3 or 4 months this was. But I needed a new printer ASAP and it did arrive 2 days later from SI as they had just run out of stock that day I ordered so it was not quite the next day delivery I paid for.
But is it just some kind of control over the competition going on.

Photomart now get my orders.

I have just got one of the Paul Rodgers Back drops and it is well worth it.

Andy

:diff:

Stuart Morley
07-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi Bill

Sorry you have had issues with your order.

I know we phoned you on Tuesday soon after your order was placed to advise you of the problems with your order. As you know we left a message on your answerphone.

You called us back on Wednesday when there was only one person in the office due to severe weather conditions - you only need to switch on your TV and you can see a lot of southern softies abandoning their cars on the motorways! :-)

You spoke with me and I said we would investigate and call you back as soon as staff could get back into the office.

The system should have been set to pending rather than completed and this was the reason for the misunderstanding with the Internet order.

As stock levels can vary on an hourly basis it can sometimes be difficult to keep the website updated. Our new website doesn't show stock levels but any item we cannot ship during the delivery time chosen by the customer should get a call to inform the customer.

As with any company we sometimes have problems but do our best to minimise them. I know that no company can be perfect but we do try our utmost.

As a matter of fact most couriers aren't even open today due to their staff not getting in and trunkers not getting into the depots. We have been advised that this should change tomorrow however.

Kind Regards (from a cold and white Hampshire)

Stuart

http://www.systeminsight.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stuart Morley
07-01-2010, 02:24 PM
A while back I ordered some media for a dye sub it said it was in stock but it was really in stock with Fujifilm and they had to order it so I got it just over a week later. Also with SI I had some problems with some faulty media and I sent them some samples and I am still waiting to hear back from them 3 or 4 months this was. But I needed a new printer ASAP and it did arrive 2 days later from SI as they had just run out of stock that day I ordered so it was not quite the next day delivery I paid for.

Hi Andy

I just checked into your first order for Fuji media which was placed on the 11th March and Shipped on the 13th via Interlink. No next day delivery was specified nor paid for. I also checked with our technical department and have no record of any samples being received. If you still have this issue then we would be only too pleased to help you resolve this.

You are correct about your second order which was placed on the 21st and shipped on the 22nd. It arrived on the 23rd at 10:30am, again no next day delivery was specified or paid for.

Let me know about the media issue and we will get this resolved for you.

Kind Regards

Stuart

07-01-2010, 02:41 PM
"The system should have been set to pending rather than completed and this was the reason for the misunderstanding with the Internet order."

this is an excuse not a reason so why mention it...sometimes i despair at companies attitudes towards customers....a better answer is..

Our systems are not working effectively and i promise as valuable supplier to the industry that this will be sorted out

andy scothern
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi Thanks for the reply I cannot send any more samples as I have sold the printer but I did send the sample by recorded post. But what I am getting at is things go quiet if there is a problem and the website is not upto date. Also I called to speek to you about the media problems I was having and I was told you would call me back but all I got was a post on the forum which to me was a cop out to sort the problem.
You may be correct about the next day delivery on the media but it took over a week to get the order because I had to call and check up on things and I was told you were waiting for a delivery but it said on the web it was in stock.

Andy

:diff:

Stuart Morley
07-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi Andy

I can only guess the delay was with the courier delivering it then? Most strange.

I apologise for the call that wasn't returned. I can only guess the forum post was made out of usual hours, as you can see I often make posts to help people, regardless of if they are customers or not, or if the equipment was purchased from us (in the same way that people often don't call us with an issue but just make a forum post).

The item showing as in stock on the web has been addressed on our new site, as per the above post but I am at a loss to know why your order took so long?

At the end of day we do our best to help but like everyone we get it wrong sometimes.

Kind Regards

Stuart

www.systeminsight.co.uk (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk)

p.s. I am not saying that this is the case in the instance you mention, but lots of people phone and ask for me and won't speak to anyone else. This causes issues when I am away for a while and they don't get a call back. It is on record here that all members of staff will try to help with whatever issue you may have or forward your call to another staff member.

Bill Allon_Camera Angles
07-01-2010, 03:27 PM
"Misunderstanding"?

Silly me for thinking the order was on its way when I got an e mail saying it was complete. That's not a misunderstanding, just plain duff gen!

Stuart Morley
07-01-2010, 05:01 PM
As I mentioned before the reason for you getting that email was a MISTAKE on our part. A member of staff "misunderstood" and selected "completed" and "not pending".

The misunderstanding was on OUR part. I didn't mean to imply that the misunderstanding was yours. This is why we phoned shortly afterwards to explain matters.

I hope this helps clear up this misunderstanding :-)

All the best

Kind Regards

Stuart

Bill Allon_Camera Angles
07-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Sorry - misunderstanding on my part!

David Allton
07-01-2010, 08:15 PM
If I was you Stuart, I would give up now on this one!

I can only say that I have only received excellent service from System Insight.

David

Rhoddy Stewart
08-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Message from the frozen north. We are a long distance from System Insight and can only report that we have had nothing but excellent service from those soft southerners when purchasing equipment and media. Steve has always been available for technical support. Orders are always with us the following day. It is a bad day when some good guys get jumped on publicly for a simple mistake.

Becky at Xpressphoto

Stuart Morley
11-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Thank you guys for your kind words.

Kind Regards

Stuart

andycampbell
13-01-2010, 07:38 PM
I fully sympathise with the issues you have, I've had similar issues fron other suppliers but not SI, but in my experience - (granted i have probably not been dealing with SI as long as you all), but since buying a 9800 and other bits and bobs from SI a few months ago , i can only praise their service.
Extremely helpful service and tech support is good too, i have only experienced one minor blip where the media supplied for Hiti 420 was wrong and that was rectified rapidly by SI
thats my opinion only for what it's worth!
AC

Andy King
13-01-2010, 08:23 PM
A couple of years ago I received a late booking for a reasonably large job on a Friday. Contacted Stuart to get extra media to cover it. (I now keep plenty of media in stock)
He changed his usual courier and went through the hoops to get it delivered to me at a cafe onsite. That's what I call service!.

Conversely, even though I live in Norwich, I've had problems with WHexpress when picking up. The most annoying was doing an interest free deal on D700. Half way through the p'work the sales person was called away by line manager for 'a quick chat'. I was then told it couldn't be sold to me as it was part of a kit.........and that it had just been ordered over the net for despatch to Germany. That is not service..........

My local Jessops subsequently stepped up to the mark by price matching, and the manager even collected from another shop to deliver to me. Now that really IS service.

Only my personal experiences of course.

AK

Stuart Morley
13-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks Andy for your kind words.

I can agree with the good service from Jessops. I bought a Canon G11 from them a few months ago. I took it on holiday with the underwater case to use whilst snorkelling in Phuket. The day before I wanted to use it, the camera started playing up and was unusable. Luckily another member of the group had purchased a G11 on holiday so I borrowed that.

When I got back to the Uk in the new year I went back to Jessops (without the receipt) and almost before I could draw breath they offered to swap the unit out.

They even apologised for the fact that it had gone wrong! - That's what I call service.

Kind Regards

Stuart