Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Wyse Terminal Auto Kiosk Mode [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wyse Terminal Auto Kiosk Mode

Mike Weeks
06-01-2010, 12:32 PM
I am using the Wyse 9235LE terminals and my friend added a shortcut to automatically send them into Kiosk mode and connect to the server. You need to be in the administrator account and activate the 'Write Filter Disable' and then set the viewers IP address, create the shortcut to Internet Explorer which then needs to be saved into the users startup folder. On each of my terminals there is a user with the username of User so the location for the shortcut to be stored on my machines is in;

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

The only thing that needed to be done was append this '-K http://192.168.1.1' to the Target where -K is Kiosk mode and the IP Address is that of my server (make sure you use your own).

Screenshot of shortcutKioskMode.jpg

and I have attached a zipped version for anybody that wants it.

Once this has all been done you just need to click on Write Filter Enable and the changes will be saved.

Hope this is of help.

Mike

RobMarsh
06-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Mike

Any chance you can send me the screen shot as a jpg for inclusion in the revised manual please

I will also test it on my terminals next as I use a HP terminal

simon coates
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I will also test it on my terminals next as I use a HP terminal
It should work just fine on anything that uses Windows.

Simon