Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DS40 printing times [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DS40 printing times

Natalie-Briggs
15-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Ok, i am having a couple of problems and wonder if anyone else is ?
The first print seems to take a while to print and i understand the spooling time, etc BUT, each subsequent image sent to print takes just as long !

Also, if i send 3 to print at the same time the printer has a paddy and makes the spooling noise for about 10 seconds before starting again ?

Yesterday i wanted to print 8 photos and it must have taken 10-13 minutes in total !!

Is this normal ? I thought it should be quite quick ?

Natalie-Briggs
15-12-2009, 08:53 AM
ok, think i found the problem. I was printing at 300 x 600dpi so i see on the printer info that high sped mode is 300x300 dpi so ive changed it to this and its working fine now

Mark, have i got that right ?

Mark Amies
15-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Looks like you may have cracked it Natalie. Obviously if you have a big image file it may take some time to process.

It is certainly worth raising , and I am sure other DNP users on here will have thoughts.

Mike Weeks
15-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Natalie,

just by changing that setting you have halved the amount of data being sent to the printer. Second point is what ports you are using on your computer i.e. is it a fully configured USB 2 port.
Some printers also have spooling settings and you need to look at see what is available. I will check the driver this evening and see if there are any settings that would speed things up.
As soon as you start to send data to the printer it wakes up, so if you have a slow data stream coupled with large data it is that which causes problems and not the printer - this holds true for all printers.

Mike