Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP DS80 Print catcher? [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP DS80 Print catcher?

Trudy Trafford
09-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Despite being extremely adept now at anticipating the print spewing out based on the noise of the machine and time taken, sometimes other distractions mean it is left to it. To counter this problem a specially designed cardboard box lid is strategically place to do the catching.

Does anyone know if there are plans for a more elegant solution :?:

ian griffiths
09-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Great minds!

I was talking to Mrs G about this last week and for years we've were laughed at how all the manufacturers go to such lengths to catch the piece of paper you throw away but they let the print hit the floor!

Then came a pearler of an idea from herself, craft shops used to sell flat plastic sheets about 3 or 4mm thick that you put in hot water and can then mold and form so it was decided that when we have some time we'll get some and try to fashion a catcher for the 3800s, got to be better than the lid of a large shoe box!

I dare say you may even be able to get this product in p i n k??????

Jeremy Nako
09-12-2009, 08:52 AM
That's pretty much the description of Mitsubishi's own print catchers which do fit the 3800 Ian.

ian griffiths
09-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Have you seen one yet?

Jeremy Nako
09-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Yes.. got a sample at the office.

TBH they don't really sell themselves. They're a single sheet of flimsy plastic that's been bent into shape with velcro fastenings. The idea is that they come flat and to assemble you bend it over and fasten with the velcro.

Not a great description, but if you see one you'll understand why !

They're not rigid, but they do fit, and they do the job. And... they look better than the current shoe box.

ian griffiths
09-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Whats wrong with my show box? I'll have you know its a Hush Puppy! :rofl:

Jeremy Nako
09-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Hush Puppy make stiletto's ?

Oops.. sorry.. I've let the secret out of the bag.... :lol:

ian griffiths
09-12-2009, 09:30 AM
How do you know that? :cam:

Trudy Trafford
09-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Great minds!

Or is it a case of fools never differ!!! :D

Then came a pearler of an idea from herself, craft shops used to sell flat plastic sheets about 3 or 4mm thick that you put in hot water and can then mold and form so it was decided that when we have some time we'll get some and try to fashion a catcher for the 3800s, got to be better than the lid of a large shoe box!

I dare say you may even be able to get this product in p i n k??????

Might just try that then, thanks (or just paint the shoe box pink!) :D

Hush Puppies - Stilettos mmmmmmmmm OK Jeremy we won't tell anyone!!! ;-)